The Operations Manager manages all activities associated with the Carton and Diversified Packaging departments, including process systems, maintenance teams and the packaging operations teams across 24/7 in both departments. The successful candidate will be leading a team consisting of more than 85 hourly associates, 5 salaried exempt associates and two non-exempt coordinators in a 24/7 operation that produces 27 million cases annually.Key Responsibilities Include:
- Lead the team to ensure all are coaching for safe behaviors and compliance with safety policies and procedures driving each department to be a Zero zone for accidents.
- Drive for excellence in all areas of departmental product quality and food safety standards, ensuring excellent first run quality and audit ready standards every day.
- Optimize ingredient and packaging material usage to minimize scrap loss and drive productivity delivery year over year.
- Ensure each department delivers excellence in operational practices to ensure inventories are controlled and recorded.
- Identify and coordinate operations improvements necessary to deliver the site annual operating plan (AOP). Ensure cost performance gaps are identified, action plans are developed and resources are properly allocated, to ensure budgetary compliance period on period.
- Working with both operational and maintenance teams drive a clear plan of True Efficiency (TE) improvement across every packaging line to deliver service excellence to the customer and cost efficiency to the business.
- Work closely with the Graham Operations team to ensure a clear Review and Response program driving CI in every area of supply to the Diversified lines.
- Coach and lead the line owner and maintenance teams with a clear focus on empowerment and development in their roles.
- Build and develop talent by effectively leveraging PepsiCo Career Growth and Leadership Models and the Performance Management Process: Objective Setting, Performance and Development (PDR), CDAP, SCCA, People Planning, 360 Feedback, and Competency Review.
- Ensures compliance with Company policies, contracts and procedures.
- The Operations Manager will be the change agent within the department, supporting and leading key programs with AM, PM, FI and OCCI pillar roll out at Bradenton, supporting the development of the front line teams to full empowerment within these programs.
- Represent and full engage as the Department lead in relevant product and packaging innovation projects through to successful launch.
- Operational output measures - Safety; LTI, Recordable incidents. Quality; FRQ, Micro, Hold minimization. Performance; efficiency, yield loss, inventory accuracy, transactional accuracy
- Budget - direct
- Operational in process measures - direct (CIL/CL compliance, minor stop loss, SRC completion)
The role will require a good basic knowledge of the key aspects across multiple functional support teams in the following areas:
- B.A./B.S. preferably in a technical discipline required
- Minimum 5 years experience in manufacturing preferably food/beverage experience with some Processing/Packaging Operational experience.
- Must possess strong skills, knowledge and capability in TPM or Lean Manufacturing, Finance and Accounting, Project Management, People skills. and Statistics/Logical Problem Solving.
- Solid working knowledge of the HSE/Quality regulatory compliance, Maintenance and Engineering, Ingredient and Package material Procurement, Production Planning & Deployment, Research and Development.
- Excellent communication, facilitation and influence skills.
- Experience developing/coaching hourly and supervisory staff preferred. Ability to work multiple shifts as needed
Eligible for Standard Relocation