This position will be responsible for various aspects of the development andapproval of revised/new package innovations for cost saving projects supportingthe Packaging Optimization team at CCR. This will entail researching both newand re-application of ideas from Coca-Cola Global Packaging Network, as well asworking with external resources such as design agencies, consultants andsuppliers. In addition the applicant will actively bring forth newopportunities to the team for packaging cost savings. Key Responsibilities: Packaging Development and Commercialization
- Develops knowledge for all primary, secondary, tertiary and promotional packaging used in the Sparkling and Still categories.
- Actively participates on cross functional teams for Packaging Optimization projects to design and develop packaging that support productivity and cost savings initiatives;
- Researches and provides technical input and support for packaging innovation and commercialization initiatives. Establishes requirements, test procedures, protocols, specifications and performs market/supplier scoping;
- Organizes testing for Development and Commercialization projects;
- Analyses data from the testing activity and provides report and recommendations to Director, Packaging.
- Organizes samples/materials for all testing/shipping activities and ensures availability
- Coordinates technical activities related to cost savings, process improvement and quality improvement with suppliers and bottling partners.
Packaging quality and quality systems
- Implements new packaging requirements with suppliers against KORE requirements;
- Assesses requirements, organizes and conducts testing to ensure that all packages meet the Company's quality requirements.
- Maintains packaging and informational databases; Picasso, Clarity, SPP, Box
Global Leadership Behaviours - Leader of Self
- Writes and issues documentation for the departmental quality system with regards to packaging based on Coca-Cola Operating Requirements (KORE);
- Assists in the management and resolution of quality issues with suppliers related to PI initiatives
- Ensures that CCR Quality functions are informed of activities and incorporates their needs/asks into protocols.
- Drive Innovation
- Collaborate with the System, Customers and Key Stakeholders
- Act Like an Owner
- Inspire Others
- Develops Self and Others
- Minimum 5 years related experience within the consumer package goods industry; Coca-Cola system experience preferred
- Ability to manage a high number of projects (around 20) simultaneously, plan and prioritize workload
- Wide scope of working knowledge in various packaging areas, including but not limited to; PET, closures, cans, labels, aseptic box, HDPE/PP containers, boxboard and corrugate
- Background with PET and closure development preferable
- Strong project and time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively negotiate
- Strong skills in Statistics, Quality systems, Quality Concepts and Quality Control
- Strong skills in problem analysis, i.e. Failure Mode Effects Analysis
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Travel 25% (BC, ON, QC and possibly the USA)
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, Engineering or equivalent
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants, employees, and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education, employment history, a criminal history check, reference checks, and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At Coca-Cola Ltd. (Canada) you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
Relocation is not provided
Back to top
A little about us:
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.