Delmar, NY , New York - United States Shift:
Rotating shift (days-nights) SUMMARY
The Production Assistant is an hourly position, and reports to the Production Supervisor. Production Operator Assistant is accountable for basic packing and salvaging material. This includes manual packaging responsibilities and material handling equipment, inserting packaging materials into the process, end of line roll separation, rebaging, waste disposal, transportation of products & materials, and product selection.Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Insures proper packaging material is used, product selection, and job set-ups.
- Operates repack, form fill & seal, baggers, and conveying equipment.
- Salvages work and assists with jam-ups.
- Assists with material availability and transportation of finished and reworked goods when needed.
- Uses PLC (programmable Logic Controller) to select products and packages.
- Uses fork lift and other related material handling machinery.
The employee should hold the following abilities:
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must be able to understand verbal and written instructions
- Must possess strong communication and organizational skills
- Must have the ability to multi-task
- Must have strong internal and external customer service skills
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
- Must work well in team environment
- Must be able to secure and maintain fork lift drivers license
- Must be able to work independently
- Must have to ability to do basic mathematical calculations
The employee must be able to:
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Operate a computer or other keyboard instrument
The employee should have the following:
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Related experience and/or training in an industrial environment
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be drug and alcohol free
This position requires:
- Regular attendance on site and the ability to work varying or rotating shifts :
- Wearing respirator protection - frequently
- Exposure to hot/cold temperature- continuously
- Exposure to noise- continuously
- Lifting/carrying/moving up to 50 pounds
- Standing- continuously
- Hand/Eye Coordination- frequently
- Walking - frequently
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) has touched your life in more ways than you know. From composites that make your car lighter, stronger and more efficient, to innovative roofing products and energy-efficient insulation, our products play a role in thousands of applications worldwide. In business for more than 75 years, Owens Corning is the market-leading innovator of glass-fiber technology with sales of $5.3 billion in 2013. A Fortune 500® company for 59 consecutive years, our cutting-edge innovations continue to enhance lives and the communities in which we live, work and play. From our headquarters in Toledo, Ohio, we have a global presence with about 15,000 employees spanning 27 countries. Discover Owens Corning opportunities that will transform your career today. Additional information is available at www.owenscorning.com .
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.