PBM Graphics, Inc., an RR Donnelley Company is a leading commercial printing and packaging company in North America, producing educational products, publications, and sales materials for the healthcare industry and general commercial print for many other industries, as well as collectible trading cards associated with the entertainment and sports industries.
The Bindery Operator 3 / Packaging Supervisor, will be a night shift responsible for first-line direction of non-exempt employees involved in bindery packaging operations. Reviews production schedules, material and manpower resources. Assigns employees to maximize production objectives, maintain quality and attain output requirements. Informs assigned employees of production and material problems and coordinates with support groups to resolve problems affecting schedules. Participate in establishing and modifying operational methods and processes by recommending changes in materials, equipment and procedures. Maintain a variety of reports, records and production documentation to reflect schedules, performance, methods and the like.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Oversees all facets of the shift operation of the organizational unit, ensuring compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, policies, and operating agreements.
- Manages, schedules, trains and evaluates assigned personnel in the performance of assigned work activities in areas such as methods, techniques, quality, quantity, safety, and scheduled completion dates of work activities.
- Promote safety. Ensure employees are aware of and adhere to plan safety rules and regulations. Work with employees to develop a safety culture with zero incidents/accidents.
- Recommends and initiates personnel actions, such as hires, promotions, transfers, discharges, and disciplinary measures, within established company procedures. Counsels employees about work-related issues and assists employees to correct job-skill.
- Ensures production processes; incorporate quality standards and reporting requirements
- Experience in Quality Control preferred.
- Knowledge of process improvement methodologies preferred.
- Proven track record managing people and projects.
- Exceptional communications skills required.
- Proficient using MS Office Word and Excel.
- Ability to deliver training, provide coaching and developmental feedback.
- Ability to understand the technologies within the industry.
- Team work is an essential skill; required for collaboration with management and staff to ensure a “team” atmosphere is fostered and maintained.
- Willing to learn new things.
- Top candidates will have a minimum of 2+ years prior of supervisory experience in a high volume production environment.
- Experience in a print production environment required.
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.