Job Title: Packer B BE Hunt
Unload units from the paint line, pack, stack on skids and wrap materials for shipment. Perform final assembly of units prior to packing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Other duties may be assigned.
• Unload product from paint line.
• Identify product and proper packing material needs.
• Perform any final assembly to the product including, applying insulation, attaching faces to unit and attaching deflectors.
• Put product into either plastic wrap or bag. Place product in a box and/or die cut
• Stack cartons in the proper stacking pattern and wrap with stretch wrap or banding so they can be transported to the DC.
• Maintain production record and scrap paperwork.
Tools, Equipment and Materials
Corrugated Plastic Wrap
Packing tape machine and tape bander Shrink Wrap
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies :
• Written Communication - Able to read and interpret written information.
• Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner.
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions ; Uses equipment and materials properly.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
None required, may be asked to get a forktruck license.
Other Skills and Abilities Regular attendance is an essential job requirement. Ability to work as a team, including all related departments/plants or independently as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.