Nestlé Purina PetCare Company
4555 York St.
Nestlé Purina PetCare Company is a leader in the pet products industry, dedicated to enriching the lives of pets and the people who love them. Our passion for pets is matched only by our passion for the business. Innovation and inspiration fill the halls of every Nestlé Purina office. We believe that our people are the source of our competitive advantage, and as we invest in our people, we invest in our shared future. That’s why we’re a global leader in the pet care category and recently named a 2016 Best Place to Work by one of the world’s largest online career communities – Glassdoor.
We currently have an opening for a Packing Maintenance Technician at our Denver, Colorado manufacturing facility.
*****NO RELOCATION BENEFITS AVAILABLE*****
****All Candidates must have a High School Diploma or GED
****Must be willing, able and available to work:
1st shift - 7:00 am - 3:00pm or
2nd shift - 3:00pm - 11:00pm or
3rd shift - 11:00pm - 7:00am or
**** Must be able to work Overtime;
Daily OT = 4hrs either before OR after regular shift,
WEEKENDS (Sat & Sun) AND HOLIDAYS
Packing Maintenance Technicians with 3 or more years of experience who want to join a team focused on customer service in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
Assist in daily maintenance operations of the plant as scheduled in a proper, timely, and safe manner.
(List each job duty or responsibility which is critical to the successful performance of the job.)
1. Be able to troubleshoot and repair complex mechanical and electrical machinery such as fans, blowers and conveyor belts.
2. Be able to troubleshoot and repair pneumatic and hydraulic problems
3. Be able to operate all shop equipment.
4. Demonstrate knowledge of the Plant power distribution system as it relates to packaging and warehouse systems.
5. Ability to troubleshoot electrical controls (motor circuits, packaging machinery, & programmable controllers) & mechanical systems using: drawings, documentation, and required tools such as computers, PLCs, multimeters, process simulators, calibrators, etc.
6. Knowledge of conveyor belt systems, including tracking, lacing, lagging and calculation of belt speeds.
7. Assemble, install, test, and repair motor controls of all types such as starters, stop and start buttons, relays, timers, panels, circuit breakers, transformers.
8. Be able to troubleshoot, repair, and calibrate scale systems.
9. Be able to complete basic mechanical fabrication using welders and shop equipment
*Reference progression plan for detailed information
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (List job duties which may be important to the performance of the job, but not principle job functions.)
10. Assumes all other duties as assigned by reporting Manager/Team Leader.
11. Must have the ability to come to work in a timely and consistent manner
12. Must be able to get along with others
13. Must be able to work under supervision
14. Must complete work on time and be able to meet deadlines as necessary
15. Must be able to work under routine stress as dictated by the job requirements/responsibilities.
16. Must be safety conscious by following all safety rules, as well as looking out for fellow employees
17. Must be quality conscious by following all quality and product safety rules, as well as looking out for fellow employees.
18. Must have a core understanding of the Computerized Maintenance Management System
Including correctly creating Work Orders.
Look up and locating parts.
Look up equipment history.
Look up bill of materials for equipment.
Look up Work Orders and PM status for equipment.
Completely and correctly fill out time cards and time slips.
Time cards should match the time slips turned in.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Experience (Years/Type): 3+ years of industrial maintenance experience