Calgaz, a Division of Airgas USA LLC, is a world-leader in calibration gases is seeking a temporary second-shift Packing / Production Clerk in Cambridge, MD.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Follow Calgaz and Airgas safety procedures and policies.
• Picking of product from established inventory systems on a per order basis.
• Labeling of product per order specification and established standard operating procedure.
• Packing of equipment and cylinders per order specification and established standard operating procedure.
• Ensure work area is cleaned, segregated and equipment maintained.
• Documentation of operation performed on lot cards and/or computer data entry.
• General visual check of products and order materials as a secondary quality assurance.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• High School Degree or equivalent.
• Able to read and follow order preparation documents.
• Ability to operate a computer based scanners and inventory systems.
• Handling of at least 50 pounds frequently.
• Working within a team environment.
Must have intermediate knowledge in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook)
Must be proficient in computers including accessing, creating and saving various files.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the Company.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical office machine parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.