Blake Medical Center is seeking a compassionate nurse to join our PACU Team. Apply online today!
Blake Medical Center
is located in Bradenton, Florida, just minutes from the beautiful Gulf Coast beaches of Manatee County. Our 383-bed, level II trauma center and has received official verification by the American College of Surgeons. Our Internal Medicine Residency Training Program will formally begin in July of 2016, allowing us to accept and teach resident physicians at our hospital. Blake is also a proud recipient of the American Heart Association's Gold Fit Friendly Designation for our above and beyond dedication to employees' health. Also, our Florida community, North Port-Sarasota-Bradenton, ranks No. 3 overall and No. 1 in financial well-being on the Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index®.
Within the Surgery Department at Blake, we provide the highest quality of care in a warm, personalized setting for the patients we serve. Our Surgical Services teams are committed to fulfilling our hospital's mission statement "to provide exceptional care to every patient, every time."
Make excellence your goal by joining Blake Medical Center. Apply online today!Qualifications: Education
- 10 Main Operating Rooms plus 2 CVORs and one additional hybrid room (for procedures such as TAVR, AAA, Endovascular, Vascular, etc.)
- 25 Outpatient Services beds, 9 Pre-op Holding beds, 5 pre-admit testing offices (with their own lab/EKG area), and 3 Endoscopy Suites
- Types of General Surgery Cases Performed: daVinci/Intuitive Robotic cases (GYN, Urology, General Surgery & Thoracic), Total Joints, Orthopedics, Spine, General, GU, GYN, Neuro, Thoracic, Vascular, Plastics, and Laparoscopic Services
- Types of CVOR Cases Performed: Coronary-Artery Bypass, Heart Valve Repair/Replacement, Minimally Invasive Heart Surgery (Off Pump, Mid CABG, Pericardial Window), HIFU Treatment for Atrial Fibrillation, Congenital Heart Defect Repair (adult), LVAD/AID Implants, Thoracic AAA Repair, etc.
- Nursing Diploma or ASN required, BSN preferred.
- Current Florida State Registered Nursing license
- Current BLS and ACLS through American Heart Association required
- PALS & NIHSS (National Institute of Health Stroke Scale) certifications preferred
- Minimum one year Critical Care/PACU RN experience preferred
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
**Must be able to report within 30 minutes to the hospital for on-call coverage rotations.**
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom