Paid Media Manager
At Capital One, we think big and do big things. We were the first company to develop and offer mass customization and personalization of credit card products, and we have been innovating relentlessly ever since. Today we are a high-tech company, a scientific laboratory, and a nationally recognized brand all in one that reaches tens of millions of consumers. At our core, we have a passionate and entrepreneurial team that embraces bold ideas, fosters collaborations, and delivers great consumer experiences.
Capital One is seeking a Paid Media Manager for digital acquisition to join the Financial Services division in Plano, Texas. We want you to own the end-to-end digital acquisition for a high value business segment. As a growing company, we'll need you to wear many hats, work fast and smart, and adapt and iterate quickly.
This position in a nutshell:
- You will own the end-to-end digital acquisition targets for a segment of Capital One’s Financial Services division, including vision and strategy across major paid channels (e.g., display, online video, search, etc.)
- You will be instrumental in the media buying process and optimizing our media mix
- You will establish & lead the relationships with both internal & external (e.g., agency) stakeholders
- You will work with test teams to implement & launch customer facing A/B tests
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be the paid media acquisition champion:
- Assess current digital acquisition performance and define overall vision & strategy to drive acquisition across paid channels (e.g., display, social media, search, etc.)
- Identify and prioritize high impact opportunities by conducting extensive competitive & market assessment and historic on site acquisition performance
- Work with business stakeholders to ideate campaigns and with Agile team to develop and launch A/B tests, capture customer feedback and refine successive campaigns
- Develop & communicate performance reporting with insights & optimization recommendations
- Define paid media KPIs and track & communicate progress to all relevant stakeholders
- Identify key external marketing partners and negotiate optimum media rates
- Partner with key agency partners to execute campaign strategies, manage relationship with strategic media partners e.g. Google, Facebook
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or brand related field
- Masters or other advanced degree
- 3+ years of experience in digital marketing for a large scale brand; 2+ years working in a product marketing capacity preferred, i.e., partnered closely with Agile development teams
- Experience in planning and buying of display media, building campaigns, implementing bidding strategies. Experience with programmatic buying a plus
- Experience collecting/analyzing data and generation actionable insights using analytics and campaign management programs, e.g., Google Analytics, Adobe, DoubleClick Campaign Manager
- Expert knowledge of digital marketing principles such as funnel optimization UX, SEO & Landing Page optimization & experience in running A/B tests for campaigns and deriving customer insights a major plus
- Extensive knowledge of campaign management systems, e.g., CMS, Atlas, Doubleclick, Adobe Target etc.
- Efficient and confident communicator who inspires the team and engages senior management on relevant topics in a time efficient manner
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.