McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Paid Social Media Planner for Investing, Senior Associate
Capital One is a fast-growing organization, a top 10 bank and one of the top brands in the nation. Our recent bold moves as a company and in social media have caught widespread media and industry attention -- we’ve not only been named a “Social Media Superstar” by FORTUNE magazine but also one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For”.
Capital One has embraced engagement and content development as a key means of reaching and engaging current and potential customers on social channels. We also leverage noteworthy TV advertising platforms and sponsorship investments, such as the NCAA Final Four, Orange Bowl, and ESPYS, to make our brand stand out among not just financial services but among many major U.S. brands.
In this role, you will assist in amplifying and analyzing Capital One Investing’s content marketing and social media content through internal and external tools and act as a key liaison with the social paid media and analytics agency as well as work to implement other paid distribution channels. Additionally, you will assist in evaluating the needs of internal and external stakeholders and shaping data-driven insights into comprehensive media and measurement recommendations that meet business objectives and differentiate the Capital One brand.
- Act as an expert resource for internal teams on all things paid social media, including: media opportunities, platform analytics, platform best practices, and constant changes with paid media units across all social channels including Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr, and YouTube, plus other potential new channels like Snapchat.
- Lead the creation of a measurement approach for each social campaign, structured to deliver upon business objectives and sell approach in to Social Strategists and Business partners.
- Manage timelines for deliverables for paid media recommendations, line of business reporting, and social reporting, surfacing issues and acting as the first line of defense for quality control.
- Liaise with internal/external stakeholders, e.g., Social Media vendors, agencies, Business Partners, Social Strategists, Social Publishing, Creative, PR, Media, and Customer Service to ensure all parties are informed and aligned on efforts, and media/measurement for all campaigns are executed flawlessly.
- Compile learnings, insights, and benchmarking documents to be shared with Creative, Strategists, Publishing, and Business Partners.
- Influence business partners to execute social media recommendations by building and presenting insightful stories through data and media expertise.
- Observe, surface, and make recommendations that influence social content and line of business marketing strategy by analyzing social/digital conversation and engagement with Capital One social channels.
- Lead documentation of best practices and guidelines for Capital One’s social amplification strategies.
- Innovate current processes and tools with external partners and internal partners.
- Manage the budget for Investing’s Social Media and Content Marketing team, ensuring all spent funds are being tracked and actual spend on projects is monitored regularly
- Travel 10%.
- Occasionally work a schedule that includes night, weekend and live event hours.
The ideal candidate will have most or all of the following:
- The ability to be flexible in prioritizing work, managing multiple tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication, presentation, editing and copywriting skills and professional writing experience.
- News reporting and storytelling experience.
- Customer Service & Social Care experience.
- Analytics reporting experience (including Google Analytics, Site Catalyst).
- Relationship management skills, including those with vendors, suppliers and a range of internal stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military experience.
- At least 3 years of experience with digital communications.
- At least 3 years of experience with social media or at least 3 years of experience with social media marketing or at least 3 years of experience with analytics reporting.
- At least 1 year of experience in digital media buying.
- At least 1 year of public relations experience.
- At least 1 year of experience with social media platforms.
- At least 1 year of experience with social media listening.
- At least 1 year of experience in publishing.
- At least 1 year of Financial services experience.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.