Eaton in Waukesha, WI (Badger dr) has a Painter- 3rd Shift Opening.
This individual will be responsible for loading and unloading the paint line conveyors.
1. Breaks down cubicle kits and hangs on conveyor line including covers, nut guards, and miscellaneous component parts. Unloads parts onto pallets or carts without damage to painted surface.
2. Applies and removes thread protectors, masking tape and visually inspects parts for conformance to standards.
3. Operates drop sections, shuttle cars, towers, and rotators to complete hanging of tanks, cubicles, and racks containing miscellaneous parts. Operates controls in selection process for color and destination.
4. Visually inspects parts at load points, transfers, and unload points to maximize the quality of the product. Contacts supervision or utility for disposition of non-conforming parts.
5. Physically marks part numbers on parts, attaches paperwork and dates where applicable.
6. Operates stackers and jeeps to move material to and from storage and staging areas.
7. Loads and unloads materials into and out of hook burn-off oven and is trained in operating procedures of oven.
8. Continually maintains good housekeeping practices for respective areas.
9. Must be alert and aware of possible hazards and contact immediate supervisor for maintenance needs.
10. May have to work staggered hours and breaks could be altered to match line speeds and production needs.
11. Must make proper hanger and hook selection to hang parts. Poor judgment could cause material or equipment damage.
12. Load parts to satisfy production schedules and due dates.
13. Must be able to identify specialty units from paperwork provided and identify these units to assist painters in properly painting and to ensure on-time delivery.
• A high school diploma or GED (General Education Degree) from an accredited institution is required.
• The ability to work in the United States on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship is required.
• No relocation is being offered for this position. Candidates must reside within the 50 miles of Waukesha, WI in order to be considered.
Minimum 1 year of experience working in a manufacturing environment.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.