Palletizer Mechanic – 2 nd Shift
We are actively seeking a Palletizer Mechanic/Technician to join our Warehouse Department at our factory located in Jefferson City, Missouri. The incumbent will perform maintenance on palletizer equipment, forklifts, and other material handling equipment. The work hours are 2 nd shift (6pm to 6:15am; 12 hour shift; 3/2 rotation). Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Good mechanical aptitude and effective use of basic hand tools.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair all minor mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic problems with minimal assistance.
- Ability to utilize all math skills, such as basic math, geometry and algebra to complete necessary job tasks.
- Ability to understand equipment blueprints, schematics, procedures etc.
- Forklift and work heights training certified as assigned.
- Abide by all plant Safety, Health, and Environment (SHE) policies.
- Communicate clearly (both verbal and written) to production team, support staff, and supervisors.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma, or, GED equivalent. 2 year technical college degree (in a related field) is preferred.
- Graduate of a 2 year technical degree program in the field of Industrial Maintenance, Mechanic, or appropriate specialty. A minimum of 5 years can be substituted for the technical degree.
- The ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Unilever offers a competitive compensation package which includes: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children; Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, Retirement & Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Please Note: As part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities.
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law .
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.