Parallon Business Performance Group
has the following opportunity available with the Richmond Shared Services Center in the Boulders. The Richmond Shared Services Center is located at 7300 Beaufont Springs Drive, Richmond, Virginia. This is a Full Time opportunity, Monday thru Friday from, 8:30am - 5:00pm. Overtime hours may be available. Paralegal
is responsible for providing legal support to SSC Senior Counsel and Executive Management and for working at the direction of the SSC Senior Counsel to develop paralegal work plans and organize and manage the legal activities of the SSC.
Duties (included but not limited to): Consults with SSC Senior Counsel to coordinate and implement policies and procedures, perform special projects, and track and identify trends and results of legal activities.
- Reviews contractsand drafts demand letters under direction of SSC Senior Counsel.
- Works closely with HCA Strategic Pricing under direction of SSC Senior Counsel regarding legal disputes
- Contacts insurance companies or their designated third party administrator (in writing, telephonically and/or electronically) to escalate and resolve claim payments for unpaid, underpaid and denied accounts that are escalated by other SSC departments. Escalates dispute issues to the Parallon Dispute Resolution Team in a timely manner.
- Utilizes the Legal Review Tool to track legal collection activities and prepare reports as requested by SSC Senior Counsel.
- Assists with the tracking and reporting of monthly legal collections to SSC Executives and Parallon BPG leadership.
- Works assigned pools and updates notes in variousSSC computer systems.
- Oversees the hospital lien process for court recordingand satisfaction, as requested by SSC Senior Counsel.
- Works on special projects related to re-pricers, silentPPOs and other third- party issues, as well as Worker's Compensation issues, as requested by SSC Senior Counsel.
- Conducts legal research under the directionof SSC Senior Counsel.
- Manages auto/tort unit representatives to ensure properadherence to state law and the SSC's policies and procedures for handling auto/tort claims.
- Consults with Workers Compensation representatives to ensure proper adherenceto applicable state law and ourpolicies and procedures, as requested by SSC Senior Counsel.
- Manages/assigns all interpleaders and petitions for equitable for distribution served at facilities and SSC, as requested by SSC Senior Counsel
- Reviews objections to estate claims
- Provide litigation support to HCA corporate legal and outside counsel as requested by SSC Senior Counsel.
- Consolidates claims and prepares informationrelative to insurance carriersin receivership, judicial liquidation or bankruptcy as requested by Parallon BPG under direction of SSC Senior Counsel.
- Under direction of SSC Senior Counsel, prepares training materials and assist withlegal training for SSC staffon relevant legalissues.
- Handles patient complaints escalated to the Legal Department for possible risk management review, as requested by SSC Senior Counsel.
- Acts as a team player, accepting job responsibilities willingly and proactively initiates assistance to other legal team members.
- Adheres to SSC policies relatingto attendance, tardiness, complianceand confidentiality.
- Attends department meetings and providesinsight on legal issues.
- Demonstrates current knowledge of legal issues and federalregulations related to financial operations.
- Paralegal Degree from an accredited institution or Bachelor's Degree in related field or completion of state requirements that allow for Paralegal certification required.
- Minimum two years of legal, collections and/or healthcare experience required.
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE - Paralegal Certificate required unless state regulations allow other means of qualification Parallon is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, and competitive compensation. Parallon
is an affiliate of Hospital Corporation of America (HCA Holdings, Inc.)
and is a leading provider of healthcare business and operational services. Parallon supports healthcare providers in the areas of revenue cycle (billing, collections, denial management), technology, patient registration, insurance verification, and health information management. #ParallonBCOM
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom