Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an experienced, motivated, and highly organized Paralegal to support Blizzard's in-house legal team.Responsibilities
- Assist Blizzard's legal staff by analyzing video and scripts, and in consultation with Blizzard's in-house counsel, advise production teams on film rights, copyrights and other legal requirements.
- Reviews contracts and researches information;
- Negotiates releases and prepares correspondence; and in consultation with Blizzard's in-house counsel, advise executives and production personnel on clearance and other issues.
- Draft various types of contracts including, 'Work for Hire,' Agreements, Services Agreements, Advertising Insertion Orders, Actor Agreements, Promotional Agreements, License Agreements, Bundling Agreements and Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Prepare written communications to internal and external contacts.
- Handle other duties as needed.
- Paralegal certificate from a paralegal program accredited by the American Bar Association or equivalent legal education
- Experience drafting a variety of agreements with an emphasis on entertainment and intellectual property contracts and licenses
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent legal research skills
- Strong critical-thinking skills
- Impeccable organizational and time-management abilities
- Self-starting personality with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to act with discretion when handling confidential matters
- A knowledge of international business
- Experience preparing sweepstakes and skill based contest rules
- Experience in a game or entertainment company as a legal professional
- A passion for games
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!