Job DescriptionThe Paralegal – Corporate Services position will fill a critical legal need for the company by, among other things, (i) supporting the Corporate Services group in connection with a variety of legal and commercial matters and projects; (ii) assisting with the negotiation and drafting of a broad array of contracts and other documents with respect to diverse vendor arrangements ; (iii) working with members of the Legal and Human Resources departments on employment, compensation and benefit-related legal matters ; and (iv) interacting with all levels of colleagues, including management, peers and subordinates, on a variety of business assignments.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Negotiate, draft and finalize various agreements and other documents in connection with vendor arrangements, company financings, corporate acquisitions, employment, compensation and benefit matters; help coordinate all components of each such transaction to bring to closure, including managing related filings and mailings.
- Perform legal research and analysis for lawyers within the Corporate Services and Labor & Employment areas of the Legal Department on a wide range of legal issues with respect to, among other things, contracting, corporate structure and employment matters.
- Work with members of the applicable CVS business teams and lawyers within the Legal Department to manage contract deliverables, and assist with special projects and enterprise-wide initiatives.
- Assist with a wide-variety of administrative issues that directly impact the Legal Department, including information gathering and management.
Required Qualifications- 5+ years of relevant paralegal experience either in a law firm or in-house corporate setting
- 5+ years of MS Office experiencePreferred Qualifications- Appropriate knowledge of the legal components of corporate transactions with a preferred emphasis on, and experience with, commercial contracting.
- Must be a team player, detail oriented, and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, analytical skills and the ability to act independently and exercise sound judgment.
- Must have the ability to independently assess legal and business risks and advise clients and internal lawyers accordingly.
- Must be able to manage and coordinate a high volume of projects and other matters in a fast-paced atmosphere with minimal supervision.
- Must be capable of thinking independently and creatively, and have the ability to analyze and strategize as to a client’s business issue(s), and understand, communicate and execute the necessary steps to solve the problem(s).
- Must provide a high level of customer service and responsiveness.
- Experience negotiating, drafting and reviewing transnational agreements
- Experience dealing with employee benefits and employment litigation matters
- Experience researching matters using the EDGAR database of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
Verifiable high school diploma or GED required. Paralegal certificates and Associate's Degrees preferred. Business Overview
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster:
EEO IS THE LAW
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clickingAA EEO CVS Health
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/