Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress JOB INFORMATION
Use knowledge of legal concepts and procedure and may conduct legal research, prepare or assemble documents, and conduct interviews with business partners or employees. Maintain electronic records and files, monitor case/project schedules and filing deadlines, and prepare pertinent legal documents and correspondence for attorneys' review and approval. May monitor, review, and prepare transactional/contract documents for attorney review and approval. May prepare summaries or statistical analyses of documentary evidence or of data relevant to cases/projects at hand. May advance preparations for project/legal proceedings as directed by responsible attorneys.KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- May prepare or assemble complex transactional/legal documents using knowledge of legal/business concepts and procedures. Review non-standard documents.
- Conduct complex research for use by assigned attorneys. Coordinate reviews by subject matter experts.
- May collect, prepare, and review documents/information related to business transactions, litigation, or other requests.
- Maintain contact with business units, outside counsel, regulatory agency staff, and/or other external stakeholders. Collaborate in implementing solutions. Track matters to completion.
- May review and monitor litigation, legislation, and/or industry related communications relevant to Fannie Mae.
- Perform a support role in performing special projects.
- Provide guidance and support to less experienced paralegal staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Assist Fannie Mae attorneys with reviewing and approving loan document modifications through Fannie Mae's DUS Gateway technology application.
- Assist attorneys and Multifamily support team in tracking all matters; in particular the document modifications that are being reviewed and approved by the team identifying trends/patterns
- Assist in managing relationships with outside counsel, including monitoring legal fee budgets and billing
- Assist attorneys with closing various types of transactions (asset management matters, assumptions, loan pool purchases and dispositions
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 4 years of related experience
- Paralegal certification from an ABA accredited program
- 5 years experience with a law firm or commercial mortgage lender specializing in commercial real estate transactions, commercial real estate finance or commercial mortgage lender; multifamily mortgage finance preferred
- Ability to work in high volume, fast-paced, deadline oriented environment
- Experience in legal research using Lexis/Nexis
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated excellent organizational and communication skills as well as ability to effectively manage competing priorities and deadlines
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A little about us:
We’re leading the way to provide safe, affordable, and reliable credit, so people across the U.S. have opportunities to buy, reﬁnance, or rent homes.