The PGIM Investments is seeking a paralegal to support its mutual funds and related investment management practice. The paralegal will primary assist in the preparation and filing of fund registration statements and other regulatory filings with the US Securities and Exchange Commission, reviewing fund disclosure documents, and performing other related tasks. The paralegal will be expected to become familiar with the technical and legal requirements governing registration statement and other regulatory filings, and to handle considerable independent responsibility for the management and successful completion of required filings and related projects.
Specific responsibilities of the job include:
- Managing the preparation and filing of mutual fund registration statements on Form N-1A or Form N-2, as well as other federal securities filings (such as filings on Form N-SAR, Form N-PX, proxy statements, and prospectus supplements).
- Achieving proficiency in using the RR Donnelley ArcProspectus electronic registration statement platform utilized by the PI law department for Form N-1A filings.
- Achieving proficiency in utilizing the GoFiler software suite for the preparation and submission of federal securities filings in HTML format on the SEC’s EDGAR database.
- Maintaining and updating fund books and records as needed, including the maintenance of current files of advisory agreements.
- Drafting disclosure documents, including revisions to existing prospectus disclosure language. Drafting responsibilities will also include preparation of selected agreements, including new advisory agreements, revisions to existing advisory agreements, as well as other types of agreements.
- Coordinating and obtaining input and review of regulatory filings by other stakeholders (both internal and external), including fund counsel and fund accounting.
- Assisting in special projects as needed.
The successful candidate will:
- Have at least 1 year of business experience.
- Have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Have strong keyboarding skills and a high level of comfort in using computers and web-based applications.
- Have strong analytical, drafting and proofreading skills.
- Have a desire to learn new areas or subjects.
- Have a willingness to ask questions and search out information, and to seek information needed to complete projects and tasks.
- Have a strong attention to detail, including the ability to work independently and to work on several projects simultaneously.
- Have strong time management and project management skills.
- Be available and able to support the work of other segments of PGIM Investments as needed.
- Be able to work well with people at all levels of the organization, as well as people outside of the organization.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, are necessary.
A little about us:
Prudential was founded on the belief that being financially prepared is a right, not a privilege.