Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
This Paralegal role at State Street is a challenging and highly visible role supporting an Executive Vice President within legal department responsible for the State Street Global Markets, State Street Global Exchange and State Street Global Operations Divisions. The paralegal must have at least two years' experience as a paralegal, with a portion of those years in the financial services industry or a major law firm preferred. The position will manage and drive execution for a wide variety of projects and activities across these divisions and will be the principal liaison between this legal team and the corporate legal department. The paralegal must demonstrate the ability to take initiative, juggle multiple projects, and meet aggressive deadlines based on changing client and department needs. The paralegal's responsibilities will include:
- Working directly with senior members of the State Street Global Markets legal team, including the Executive Vice President to which the position reports, to create project plans for various global projects and initiatives, and working with senior attorneys to progress those projects and report back to the Executive Vice President with status updates.
- Liaising with business and corporate function groups to enhance execution pf project initiatives.
- Drafting and preparing meeting materials (such as board minutes and resolutions).
- Maintaining and adhering to corporate filings calendars, project calendars and recurring Board meeting calendars.
- Preparing financial budget and expense reporting, to include managing real time budget progress with outside law firms, submitting monthly accrual information to the finance controller and tracking monthly financial metrics for assigned legal business lines.
- Providing oversight of the department's legal matter reporting system, to include collaborating with attorneys to open legal matters, monitor matter expenses, and reconcile firms' billing inquires.
- Coordinating with internal and external clients, including senior business partners on budgeting and other projects.
- Preparing and maintaining legal files, legal opinion database and various SharePoint sites.
- 2+ years' experience as a paralegal.
- Bachelor's degree or paralegal certification and relevant law firm, or other in-house legal department experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint)
- Strong or developing written and oral communication skills. Effectively communicates status of projects to appropriate persons in a timely manner.
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Establishes close working relationships with and provides high quality service to clients.
- Demonstrates independent follow through on issues and tasks. Exercises good judgment regarding when to ask questions and raise issues with more senior staff.
Job Opening ID
Boston - MA - USA
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.