Eastside Medical Center
is a 310-bed, full-service, acute care medical center with nearly 1,200 employees and 450 affiliated physicians. The hospital is fully accredited by The Joint Commission. Eastside
has been a leader for 31 years in a wide range of state of the art healthcare, including emergency services, neurosurgery, orthopaedics, women's services, neurosciences, oncology, cardiology and behavioral health. Eastside
is seeking a Paramedic
SHIFT: Full-Time ( Nights ) Apply Online Today to join this great Emergency Team!
Department Specific Criteria:
- Maintains clear communication with ER physician and licensed nurse assigned to patient about all patient care issues.
- Receives patients from EMS personnel.
- Must have licensed nurse assigned to patient review and co-sign all written or computer patient chart entries.
- A ssists the licensed nurse in triage, to include pre-screening of patients upon arrival to triage area, documentation of information, and the provision of first aid as needed.
- Monitors patients for arrhythmias, document EKG strips, and reports findings to licensed nurse assigned to patient.
- Documents all interventions performed in EDM at the time of completion.
- Assists physicians with central line insertions, lumbar punctures, defibrillation, cardio version, pacing, chest tube insertion, thoracentesis, arterial lines, and suturing.
- Demonstrates use of Life Pak for monitoring/defibrillation/pacing/cardioversion.
- Answers EMS radios and phones and notifies ED Charge RN of incoming patients.
- High School Diploma / GED
- Georgia EMT-P (Paramedic) or EMT-I (Intermediate)
- BLS - American Heart Association - required
- ACLS - American Heart Association - required (New grads within 60 days of hire)
- PALS required within 90 days of hire or transfer
- Crisis Prevention required within 60 days of hire or transfer
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom