Redmond Emergency Medical Services Paramedic- Ambulance Service
Redmond Regional Emergency Medical Services (EMS) operates three services in three counties; Floyd, Polk and Chattooga. As a 911 EMS provider, Redmond provides primary coverage these areas with stations located throughout our zones to provide maximum coverage and speedy response times. Redmond EMS is looking for a Paramedic to join their EMS Team!
Shift Details: PRN
- To provide quality BLS, ALS and emergency care to patients requiring EMS procedures in accordance with established Georgia Scope of Practice and protocols
- To provide safe and effective transportation of patients to and from predetermined locations.
- To ensure emergency vehicles and equipment are maintained and in a state of readiness at all times.
- This Employee shall perform daily duties at stations to maintain a clean and organized environment.
- Employee must actively assure appropriate movement of vehicles to ensure zone coverage and low response times at all times.
- Employee shall actively communicate to other EMS staff and Command Staff to ensure effective communication across all levels.
- To set example and be a role model for other EMS personnel by not participating in poor behaviors, rather living the CARE values.
- Will be accountable to exemplifying excellent service behavior to patients, clients, visitors, physicians, co-workers, vendors;
- Show courtesy, personalized attention, respect, compassion and timely responsiveness to all customers at all times.
- Employee participates in regular drills and special events to assure adequate staffing and appropriate training for staff.
- Employee actively seeks out education opportunities and takes responsibility in maintaining personal and state mandated education needs within education policy guidelines
- High School Diploma or GED; Successful completion of an accredited Paramedic Training Program
- Experience in the field of Emergency Medical Services with ALS or BLS experience preferred
- BCLS, ACLS( Only required If employee is a Paramedic), Equivalent in Pediatric (EPC, PALS, PEEP) (within 60 day of employment) and Trauma (ITLS, ATT, PHTLS) (within 60 day of employment)
- Current Georgia Paramedic License Other: Current insurable Class "C" Driver's License or higher
Additional Job Duties:
- Works primarily in EMS performing functions as listed in job purpose. Hours are variable, based on department needs.
- Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, lifting heavy weights when providing patient care.
- Must be able to handle high levels of stress. Must be able to problem solve and handle emergency and crisis situations. Ability to handle regular interaction with associates, patients and/or family members. Requires above average people skills.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom