Park West Emergency Emergencies can't wait. From bicycle falls to the flu or symptoms of a heart attack, you need an ER close to home. That's why there is a new full-service emergency center ready to meet the needs of West Jacksonville. Park West Emergency
offers around-the-clock physicians, separate treatment areas for adults and children and on-site 24/7 imaging and radiology services.
Park West combines the latest in emergency care with the backing of the award winning care of Orange Park Medical Center
. So emergency patients can get treatment sooner and get better quicker.
- 20 Beds
- 11,120 square foot facility
- Adult and pediatric entrances
- 24/7 imaging/radiology services
The Emergency Room (ER) Paramedic
assists in providing quality care to an assigned group of patients, under the direction of the Registered Nurse (RN). This position is responsible for maintaining unit equipment and maintaining adequate stocking of supplies and related equipment. The ER Paramedic identifies opportunities for improvement and participates in performance improvement activities as directed. The ER Paramedic is responsible for: meeting Joint Commission standards, complying with all state and federal regulations, complying with corporate and hospital policy and procedures, managing supplies and equipment, and promoting teamwork and positive customer service.
- Patient Rights - The Free Standing Emergency Room Paramedic will work to support and protect the rights of each patient served, treat each patient with dignity and care, and maintain patient confidentiality/privacy.
- Patient Safety - The Free Standing Emergency Room Paramedic demonstrates commitment to patient safety initiatives including patient falls, medication safety, National Patient Safety Goals, critical value reporting, and administration of blood products.
- High School Diploma, GED or Vocational/Technical Diploma is required
- An active state of Florida Paramedic License is required
- A current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
- A current American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Health Care Provider is required
- A current American Heart Association Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Health Care Provider is required
- Successful completion of CPI within one year of entering this position
- 1 year of EMS experience is preferred
- Previous Hospital ED experience is preferred
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom