Lake City Medical Center
has been providing quality healthcare to Lake City and the surrounding communities for almost 60 years. We are a 67-bed comprehensive facility offering medical and surgical programs including 24-hour emergency care , heart care , orthopedics , cancer care , imaging and rehabilitation services. LCMC is the areas ONLY Accredited Chest Pain Hospital and the only facility to offer interventional cardiology. We are accredited by The Joint Commission and have been named a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for four consecutive years.
The Paramedic under the direction of the Medical Director and Emergency Services Director is responsible for implementing technical procedures and care on all Emergency Department patients safely and effectively. The quality of care and service given will adhere to the philosophy and objectives of the hospital and the department of nursing and will maintain and support the standards of nursing care and practice in order to meet the health care needs of patients, and their families. The Paramedic works responsibly with the RN in planning, and performing nursing care for patient(s) in accordance with the Florida State 10-D-66, physician's orders, recognized nursing techniques, policies, procedures, established standards and administrative policies. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Demonstrates knowledge of the nursing process.
- Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality Improvement processes.
- Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
- Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patients right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
- Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total assessment and the age of the patient.
- Evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status; takes appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, qualify of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care which results in patient harm.
- Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
- Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
- Regular, punctual and dependable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- State of Florida Paramedic License
- BLS certification required
- ACLS within 90 day of hire
- PALS within 90 days of hire
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- One year paramedic experience preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate with administration, staff, physicians, and patients, and family, at all levels.
- Knowledge of body substance isolation
- Ability to use a computer and calculator
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom