This is an exciting opportunity to become a key member of the growing RR Donnelley Logistics Services team. As Parcel Operations Analyst you will apply quantitative skills to help answer high-level business and strategy questions and also support operational initiatives. Donnelley Logistics is passionate about our people, our philosophy, and our success.
- Provide analytics and business support for designing and implementing Small Parcel projects and initiatives.
- Liaise with Parcel Procurement, Finance, Sales, and Plant Operations to ensure company parcel programs are supported with accurate and up-to-date information and administrative processes
- Translate high-level business problems into more specific questions which can then be answered by data-driven analysis
- Navigate parcel databases and leverage systems support when necessary for data collection and ad-hoc reporting.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Monitor spend and processing logic with third party parcel auditor
- Identify and implement parcel administrative improvement processes
- Own parcel procedure documents and update as necessary based on carrier/ shipping process changes
- Establish and administer shipping account numbers for all parcel carriers
- Maintain timely and accurate shipping account data complete with default payment coding logic
- Support network by assisting in development of shipping solutions that support strategic initiatives, driving cost, service, and process improvements
- Conducts shipment-level spend and transit analysis to identify cost efficiencies
- Support go-live execution of new shipping needs with parcel suppliers
- Basic understanding of customs trade compliance to support global parcel needs
- Monitor industry trends and shipping best practices
- Deliver special projects, and support other transportation initiatives or functions as required