Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger's distribution centers and branches worldwide.
The Customer Service Associate is a customer facing team member who provides superior service by delivering relevant products and services that satisfy the needs of our customers through multiple service channels. The Customer Service Associate makes interactions personal and consistent while making it fast & easy for the customer to do business with Grainger. Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Effectively and efficiently interacts with customers (face to face) by discovering their true intent and combining functional/product knowledge to navigate them to the best solution.
- Uses technology to provide information such as pricing, availability, and alternative solutions to make a relevant offer and ask for the sale.
- Adheres to standard work and leverages Continuous Improvement tools and principles to identify problems and reduce waste.
- Support sales partners to address customer's needs and help grow the business.
- Responsible for own development, commits to learning and growth by leveraging feedback, coaching, and an individual development plan.
- Executes the Grainger Service Promise and demonstrates, by action, the company Values.
- Utilizes effective probing and listening skills to generate lead opportunities. Recognizes and responds to cross-sell opportunities and is able to successfully convert inquiries into orders.
- Resolves customer problems promptly and accurately in a manner that will retain and promote customer loyalty.
- Uses the CIC to efficiently record and process orders, faxes, pending returns, returns, debits, credits, sourcing orders, inquiries, feedback and quotes.
- Captures lost sales to improve local inventory.
- Accurately picks will call and counter orders. Ensures will call orders are ready when the customer arrives. Records daily will call ready rate.
- Audits and purges pick tickets daily to meet BBX standards.
- Guides customers to other internal resources such as Technical Support, Credit, Grainger Parts and Sourcing or Sales as necessary.
- Takes personal ownership for meeting established individual and team metrics. Consistently executes on all BBX requirements.
- Assists customers with loading product into customer vehicle.
- Works effectively with others in a team environment to accomplish organizational goals and to identify and resolve problems.
- Participates in all required training to ensure proper compliance of HAZMAT and refrigerant when processing transactions. Completes product training courses.
- Opens and directs mail to proper area. Performs filing functions for pick tickets, reports, and other documents.
- Performs necessary housekeeping duties to maintain a clean, safe and organized working environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years customer service and sales experience
- Must have reliable transportation
- Able and willing to work in a warehouse environment on a consistent basis during initial training period or as needed based on business need.
- Within 12-24 months of hire date, must exhibit competencies to advance to a Sales Associate position as one becomes available.
- Demonstrates a commitment to provide superior customer service.
- Effective communicator, comfortable interacting with customers and internal partners in a professional manner in person and via the phone.
- Is aware of own strengths and weaknesses. Is open to developmental feedback and takes responsibility for personal development.
- Must be computer literate and able to learn required software programs including SAP.
- Must be able to learn and pass competency assessments specific to industry regulatory requirements.
- Able to operate powered industrial equipment as needed.
- Professional in appearance, attitude and action.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen. Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.