Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
As an Operations Specialist, Associate 1, you will interact internally with global Centers of Excellence, Client Operations teams, business unit Shared Service teams and Joint Venture operations teams to complete applicable day-to-day activities, relating to the overall processing for assigned clients and portfolios.Overall Responsibilities:
- Works in conjunction with individuals on the team as well as other shared services/COEs, India and Client Operations to ensure seamless processing according to the fund's policies
- Perform research and resolution process for exceptions, reconciliations, incorrect transactions and inquiries
- Remains familiar with back-up procedures when system applications and/or transmission problems arise
- Maintains records in support of audits
- May perform other duties as requested
- During the course of normal day to day operation, be responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
Security Valuation Specific Responsibilities
- Retrieves and monitors availability of prices, indices, exchange rates, etc and process for designated portfolios
- Gathers appropriate backup, maintain spreadsheets, call brokers, and print various exception reports to support the pricing process
- Interacts with third parties as necessary.
- Interacts with clients in a limited capacity for time critical issues during the pricing window as agreed to with Client Operations
- Strong computer competence (Microsoft Applications: Word, Excel)
- Aptitude for math
- Strong accuracy aptitude, and detail orientation.
- Strong oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work under pressure, and within a deadline oriented environment
- Must be available to work Monday through Friday 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm
- Associates' degree with business coursework and related experience OR Bachelor's degree with business coursework.
Job Opening ID
State Street Job ID: 147563
Kansas City, MO
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.