Job Location: United States : Oklahoma : Tulsa
As a leader in insurance, MetLife never underestimates the significance of the impact made by associates. We are the country’s number one underwriter of employer-sponsored programs, insuring over one million automobiles and homes in the US through group plans. We are also the 11th largest provider of personal lines, auto, homeowners and related insurance. How do we do it? The associates, of course!
We are actively hiring Customer Service Representative for our Annuities product line with our Tulsa team! As a Customer Service Rep, you will receive in-bound customer service inquiries via the telephone and/or email and resolve problems by putting customers at the heart of all you do. The successful candidate will leverage effective listening skills, an attention to detail, strong intellectual curiosity and an honest desire to make a difference to ensure each customer experience is exceptional. With an understanding of the customers’ needs and wants, and a focus on delivering solutions that meet those needs, you will deliver a service experience that exceeds expectations and makes it easy for customers to do business with us. In return, we will provide the following to enhance your success and engagement from day one and throughout your career-- Participation in our comprehensive benefits package which consists of medical, dental & life insurance, retirement plans, paid holidays, vacation time and a variety of programs designed to strengthen and reward your performance.
- Answers and documents incoming calls from Financial Service Representatives and/or clients to respond to their inquiries and/or provide status updates and policy provisions of fixed and variable annuity products.
- Educates Financial Service Representatives on market requirements, processes, contract provisions, and annuity products.
- Researches and responds to errors, application and contract discrepancies, and processing delays.
- Researches special requests made by Financial Service Representatives and acts as a liaison between the representative and Annuity Operations.
- Stays current with annuity markets and products to provide a high and accurate service level.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Some additional educational experience or a trade or professional certification is preferred
- 2+ years customer service experience required
- Must obtain FINRA Series 6 license within 90 days of hire
- Ability to work during the hours of operation of 7am-6pm Monday-Friday; must be flexible in regards to overtime & shift worked, which may change based on business needs.
- Prior Call Center experience is highly preferred
- Insurance or Financial Services industry experience or Product specific experience preferred
- A demonstrated ability to quickly learn and continuously develop functional knowledge and an understanding of company products as well as administrative, claims, underwriting and marketing functions.
- A passion for serving customers and a personal commitment to following through in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Strong computer/keyboard skills as well as solid math, analytical and problem solving skills
- Superb listening skills and professional oral & written communication skills with an ability to inspire trust and accountability though an empathetic communication style which promotes a quality image of MetLife.
Customer Solutions Center
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.