Come grow with us as a Part Time Merchandiser and play a key role in delivering superior in-store customer service! You will excite and engage our consumers by merchandising store shelves and displays with our famous, globally loved snacks products. Working as part of a dedicated team, passionate about the Kellogg's brand, you'll be accountable for ensuring Kellogg's snacks products are presented in the best possible displays to satisfy our customer's needs, attract consumers and drive sales. WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as Part Time Merchandiser, you will help the Kellogg business to continue to grow our business and build on our success by:
Qualifications: WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
- Maintaining a strong safety focus while looking out for the well-being of fellow co-workers
- Organizing, rotating and stocking shelves during each store visit - the platform for providing excellent customer service. This includes following a manager's direction on transferring cases of product from the backroom to the store's sales floor.
- Ensuring the Kellogg's Snacks product is on display and shelves are looking their best by properly rotating product and removing all stale or damaged packages.
- Working as a team with your sales counterparts and management by communicating issues as appropriate, following your itinerary and being flexible with schedule changes to your itinerary.
- Maintaining a professional demeanor with the public and store personnel when performing your duties.
At Kellogg Company, we place a huge emphasis on recruiting the best people to help grow our business and build on our success. To be considered for this position you must be able to demonstrate the following:
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- Excellent customer service and verbal communication skills.
- Availability to work on holidays and weekends.
- Weekly access to the internet to enter hours worked for payroll
- Ability to conduct physical work, frequently lift 15lbs and occasionally up to 50lbs
- Access to a an approved* personal smartphone with Android or IOS operating system connected to a cellular network while working
- Previous merchandising experience is preferred.
- High School Diploma / GED
- All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the United States now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
- The hourly pay rate for this position is $10/hour to $13/hour depending on the location and candidate experience.
- This role requires travel within your territory as you will be driving around to your scheduled stores on a daily basis and sometimes to other locations, so you will need transportation.
- The work schedule can be demanding; you will work nights, weekends and early mornings.
- You will be expected to be flexible to the needs of our business, as we continually strive to meet and exceed the needs of our customers who operate on grocery/retail hours.
- This position will work variable hours up to a maximum of 28 hours per week, depending on the territory you are assigned to and the needs of the business.
- By organizing, stocking and rotating displays to their optimal presentation you will be climbing, stooping, bending, standing, kneeling and frequently lifting 15lbs and occasionally up to 50lbs.
- Please be aware that you must successfully complete a drug screen and background check in order to be hired into the Kellogg Company.
- *Approved smartphone devices with minimum operating system requirements:
- iPhones: Model 4, 4S, 5, 5C, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 6S, & 6S Plus (OS 6 or higher)
- Androids: Nexus 5 (OS 4.4 or higher), Samsung Galaxy S2 (OS 2.3 or higher) Samsung Galaxy S3 (OS 4 or higher), Samsung Galaxy J2 (OS 5.1 or higher), LG G3 vigor (OS 5 or higher)
- Employee's will be reimbursed for cellular phone data usage while using the device for Kellogg Company purposes.
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link for English or this Link for Spanish.
A little about us: