Under the direct supervision of the Pharmacist or other supervisory/management-level position in the facility obtains new patient's clinical and prescription plan coverage information reviews new prescription and/or prescription.
Our pharmacy is growing and this position will specifically be for additional help on our closing shift (3:00 pm-7:00 pm) Mon-Fri and being part of our Saturday rotation (9:00 am-4:00 pm)
This position is categorized as compliance critical and as such requires and is assigned specific responsibility for ensuring continual and proper compliance with all division corporate and regulatory requirements.
- Interacts closely with individual patients to obtain appropriate patient clinical and therapeutic information.
- Responsible for creating a patient profile in the pharmacy information system.
- Enters all necessary prescription plan information in the patient profile for processing and adjudicating patient's prescriptions.
- Addresses insurance reimbursement and payment issues as appropriate by communicating with insurance providers patients and pharmacists.
- Responsible for entering all new patient prescription information into the pharmacy information system.
- Retrieves and prepares the medication for pharmacist review and verification.
- Prepares inventory reports for pharmacist review to purchase.
- Participates in achieving business goals and metrics for the Ambulatory Pharmacy.
- Complies with all established regulatory and organizational policies and procedures.
- Assembles prepares and distributes ambulatory pharmacy reports to pharmacy management.
- Submits receives and places inventory in stock by utilizing knowledge of order placement receiving and merchandising.
- Answers inbound telephone calls and triages calls as appropriate based upon the nature of the call to the appropriate staff.
- Assists Pharmacist by providing required information for therapeutic consults with patients.
- Assists Pharmacist in price checking and restocking of drugs.
- Participates in marketing and promotional campaigns as appropriate.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Normally requires one (1) to two (2) years directly related and progressively responsible ambulatory pharmacy experience. Associate's Degree program preferred. Pharmacy Technician certified with a state or national technical certification organization preferred (may be required in some states).
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under time and volume constraints
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to resolve patient issues quickly and creatively in order to improve customer satisfaction
- Familiarity with pharmaceutical products services and drug interactions
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Good analytical skills