Under the direct supervision of the Pharmacist or other supervisory/management-level position in the facility obtains new patient's clinical and prescription plan coverage information review new prescription and/or prescription. This is a part time and rotational position. This technician will be rotating between 3 local Las Vegas health system outpatient pharmacies for an average of 20 hours per week. Weekday availability required as most pharmacies are open Monday through Friday.
This position is categorized as compliance critical and as such requires and is assigned specific responsibility for ensuring continual and proper compliance with all division corporate and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for creating a patient profile in the pharmacy information system.
- Enters necessary prescription plan information in the patient profile for processing and adjudicating patient's prescriptions.
- Responsible for entering all new patient prescription information into the pharmacy information system.
- Retrieves and prepares the medication for pharmacist review and verification.
- Prepares inventory reports for pharmacist review to purchase.
- Submits receives and places inventory in stock.
- Answers inbound telephone calls and triages calls as appropriate based upon the nature of the call to the appropriate staff.
- Assists with the reviews and handling of all adjudicated prescription claims to ensure appropriateness of reimbursement co-pay and related financials and if needed as directed follows up all such claims deemed inappropriate.
- Assists Pharmacist by providing required information for therapeutic consults with patients.
- Intervenes with Pharmacy Benefit Manager Companies to resolve plan and patient specific adjudication issues.
- Supply and monitor ambulatory dispensing robotic technology.
Actively participates by delivering medications and pharmaceutical supplies to patients as outlined by the concierge prescription program.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Normally requires a minimum of two (2) years directly related and progressively responsible ambulatory pharmacy experience; bachelor's degree program preferred. Pharmacy technician certified with a state or national technical certification organization preferred (may be required in some states).
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under time and volume constraints
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to resolve patient issues quickly and creatively in order to improve customer satisfaction
- Familiarity with pharmaceutical products services and drug interactions
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Good analytical skills
A little about us:
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.