The Partner Business Management team is chartered with helping Microsoft become more proactive and efficient in landing operational change with our managed partners. This role will develop a deep subject matter expertise team and will also need a deep understanding of our strategic partners’ processes, tools and systems. They will also work internally to understand the Microsoft roadmap deliverables that will impact these partners and ultimately will be responsible for using this knowledge to land changes optimally at the partner level and provide subject matter expertise support to assist execution with Operation Deal Managers team.
If you love the pursuit of excellence and are inspired by the challenges that come through driving innovations that impact how the world lives, works and plays, then we invite you to learn more about Microsoft Operations - and the value we deliver across Microsoft and to our customers and partners. We offer unique opportunities to work on interesting global projects in an environment that appreciates diversity, focuses on talent development and recognizes and rewards great work.
We make doing business with Microsoft easy.
Ready to Transact
• Delivery of Partner readiness and enablement for new Go-To-Market motions (e.g. new products, services, offerings)
• Provide critical, business impacting insights/feedback to influence Design, Customer & Partner Experience through Capability, Policy and Process changes
• Continuous monitoring of partner effectiveness & driving remediation through Partner Excellence Managers (PEM)
Ready to Support
• Policy SME: Be the certified contact in the ROC for all L400 & deal construct scenarios within an identified specialization (e.g. Azure, Online, D365, E5, Licensing etc.)
• Tier 3 Post sales Query Management (e.g. program & policy related only)
• Use analysis of partner feedback to drive & enhance self-serve capabilities (Knowledge Base, Machine Learning capabilities e.g. (ChatBot etc.)
• Work with Operations Deal Managers & Pre-Sales desk to manage close-related deal queries, orchestrate 3rd party Hold Resolution, that relate to program or policy exception scenarios
• Strategic deal enablement – Influence and shape deal construction for Transformational business deals (e.g. Renault-Nissan)
• Drive & influence policy changes through close learning
• Work through ODM as the clear conduit back into subsidiary for all deal/close related communications
• Responsible for partner readiness & enablement (through a community model) that helps them transact in the new Go-to-market motions & driving continuous improvements to influence future capability & design. Be the deep Program & Policy subject matter expertise in the ROC supporting Close & Query management by enabling deal construct scenarios and Tier 3 query resolution for Partners.
Ideal Candidate Attributes:
• Candidate needs to have deep field and partner knowledge as well a sales approach.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Master’s degree or MBA preferred
• Fluent English and Spanish. Portuguese is a plus.
• Management Experience
• Excellent communication skills and l ability to build solid relationships with individuals at all levels, in multiple geographies and business functions, both internally and externally
• Build a diverse team with capabilities needed to achieve current and future business objectives. Balance the development of existing employees while bringing in new external and internal talent.
• Creates an inclusive work environment where every employee can effectively engage, and wants to be part of the team.
• Effectively communicates business strategy and goals and how they align to the team’s work. Plan the team’s work to achieve goals and respond effectively to changing priorities, maintaining team energy and results.
• Facilitates an environment of inclusion of diverse perspectives and talent, to better represent and understand our global customers
• Demonstrated excellence in thought leadership. innovations and execution management; ability to influence without authority
• Broad working knowledge of Microsoft including business groups, segment and support functions including multiple channels and business groups.
• As Partner Business Group Manager, candidate needs to have Technical, Business, Financial and Marketing background to drive Partner readiness and enablement in our process, tool and system
• Demonstrated experience in Partner Channel Enablement Strategy definition and execution both on the Capacity and Capabilities areas
• Knowledgeable on Business Value deal constructions to provide guidance to the team, operations deal managers
• Have industry knowledge to shape transformational business deal construction from an industry transformational driver
• Enterprise Architecture and Solution Architecture experience to influence and shape scenario based deal construction and also drive PBM Team transformation setting Future State (TO BE) Goals to be met, based on Current State (AS IS), around people, process and technology.
• Experience in Partner Sales involving 1 or more Microsoft Transformational Products (Azure, D365, o365) that will be the foundation to support partners and field
• Have driven Partner Transformation leveraging the Microsoft Modern Partner Series framework and Microsoft Customers' Digital Transformation Pillars on the 3 Bold ambitions
• Challenge Status-quo (Growth-Mindset)
• High Customer/Partner Engagement skills towards a Trusted Advisor
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.