Client Success Specialist, Digital Partnerships
Oracle is the world-leader in global data solutions that inform smarter action in every part of a business. Our core mission is to empower our customers with unique data solutions across various business functions and verticals that can be plugged into any applications or decision engine to drive high-value insights and competitive action.
Oracle provides a comprehensive and unified data solution to drive prospecting at scale, audience insights and cross-channel marketing actions. The Oracle Audience Data Marketplace is the world's largest aggregation of third party, anonymous prospecting data on well over 1B unique profiles worldwide. It uniquely offers a combination of offline, online and mobile targeting attributes at scale to inform relevant ad and content experiences across digital, social, search and mobile channels.
The Digital Partnerships Team manages the buy side of Oracle Audience Data Marketplace. They are responsible for growing and maintaining existing partnerships and building new data buyer partnerships with the world's largest agencies, DSPs, networks and portals. This team is also at the forefront of expanding the Oracle Audience Data Marketplace into new buying channels including but not limited to site optimization, creative optimization, connected television, search and mobile. As a Partner Manager on the Digital Partnerships Team, you will be responsible for all phases of partner management and account growth. Your range of duties includes formal business reviews with top data partners, identifying and executing sales initiatives with key advertisers, ongoing health metric evaluation, identifying and executing against new growth and revenue opportunities, technical integrations, and general account development.
What Will You Do?
• Own all day to day communication with key partners
• Understand and lead all aspects of technical integrations (e.g. pixel installation, server to server integration)
• Understand Oracle Audience Marketplace products and provide input on enhancements needed to service partners
• Act as the data strategist for each account, providing insight into ecosystem, trends, and future growth
• Responsible for growing accounts to include: engaging closely with key advertisers to drive revenue, driving platform-wide adoption of new audience marketplace products such as on-ramp & measurement, maximizing integration efficiency and building a more strategic relationship overall
• Consolidate and lead quarterly business reviews with strategic partners
• Be on the forefront of partner communication responsible for escalations to executive management
Who Are You?
• At least 3-5 years of experience working at an Ad Network/DSP (preferred), Digital Agency or Publisher
• Enjoys growing partnerships and potentially signing new ones
• Enjoys working within a complex ecosystem and able to deal with ambiguity
• Excellent communication skills, both internal and external
• Ability to grasp new concepts, both business and technical
• Desire to grow into larger role within the organization
• BA/BS degree
Builds long term, strategic relationships with named and vertical business alliance partners.
Facilities the development of strategic marketing and new business plans for all assigned partners to meet or exceed assigned business goals. Works with Partners to identify opportunities and create demand through lead generation activities and target account selling strategies. Actively track joint sales pipeline and meet or exceed quarterly and annual revenue targets. Develop and maintain relationships with global counterparts to leverage corporate initiatives and to ensure adherence to Alliances and Channel standards. Monitor partners business results, making recommendations for improvements to increase penetration for the strategic partners. Establish rules of engagement and operational escalation procedures to quickly identify and resolve issues.
Demonstrated track record developing and managing Global Partnerships and driving Partner account activity. Prefer strong analytical, sales channel and marketing skills. Prefer 5 years of related experience. Secondary education in Marketing or a related field preferred.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.