The Partner Development Manager (PDM) role is key to Microsoft’s partner management strategy as part of the One Commercial Partner Organization. The PDM is a business development role that aligns to a partner segment and is accountable for driving performance of a managed portfolio of partners by business priority. The goal is to drive partner recruitment, enablement and business growth based on their strengths and priorities. The PDM will work across Microsoft and the Partner organization to ensure business goals are aligned to partner offerings. The role will need to develop required application/solutions and build partner capacity by working with the managed partner portfolio through the Microsoft Build-With lifecycle, from recruit to grow, aligned to partner segment. The PDM for Independent Software Vendors or ISV typically manages our portfolio of application development partners. The seniority of the role evidences Microsoft’s deep commitment to the partner ecosystem to build a mutually beneficial business relationship by working closely with ISV partner leadership. The PDM represents Microsoft to the ISV partners, communicates our strategy, sells our vision and brings partners along in the digital transformation journey. The outcome will be to drive application development, long-term revenue, cloud consumption and digital transformation through a set of cloud applications leading to workload/industry based co-sell.
Key Responsibilities: The Impact You’ll Be Making-
• Lead partner recruitment: Identify existing and new partners to create a balanced portfolio aligned to business requirements.
• Drive partner’s business qualification to ensure investments are made in partners that are committed and capable.
• Secure business plan and Joint Marketing Agreement (JMA), endorsed by partner’s leadership to accelerate partner journey to the co-sell stage.
• Ensure partner enablement: Be the trusted advisor to the ISV Partner at multiple levels within the organization as they develop and launch their cloud applications.
• Develop business capabilities within the partner portfolio, based on local capacity requirements and solution/practice map with inputs from Channel Management teams.
• Secure and coordinate resources and programs to enable partner to build and launch new applications on Microsoft platform for current and new capabilities. Identify and support first customer deal.
• Monitor and troubleshoot application development projects.
• Drive business growth: Accountable for the growth of the business across the partner portfolio, aligned with the Channel Management & Co-sell team, inclusive of expected partner impact.
• Drive business performance measured by revenue (Usage & consumption), customer acquisition, apps, as well as the support global expansion.
• Demonstrate account management excellence through high quality interactions with the partner, and through well-orchestrated interactions between partner executives and Microsoft executives.
Experiences Required: Who we’re looking for-
Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
• Bachelor degree required (Sales, Marketing, Business Operations); MBA desired.
• 10+ years of experience in partner channel development, sales, business development, alliance management in the technology industry
• Working knowledge of cloud business models & how apps/ services are brought to market.
• Experience with technology platforms and solutions with a reasonable level of technical proficiency
• Extensive experience of managing virtual teams across functions and geographies:
• Inclusive and collaborative - driving teamwork and cross-team alignment
• Strong partner relationship management and solution development skills
• Strong executive presence including communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort to large and small audiences.
• Problem solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, conflict resolution, and follow through with partners.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.