This position requires fluency in English & Spanish.
As one of the largest service and support networks in the industry, Microsoft Customer Service and Support (CSS) helps nearly 1 billion customers around the world each year. The organization is responsible for partnering with and providing Microsoft product groups with customer feedback and ensuring customers are receiving world-class support in over 35 languages. There are Partner Technical Services offerings as part of Microsoft Partner Network (MPN) that enable Partners to build building new skills, supporting partners to accelerate their sales cycle and by helping partners to design, develop and deploy customer solutions with Microsoft Cloud Solutions. Partner Technical Consultant are delivering MPN Partner Technical Services on regular basis.
Partner Technical Consultants(PTC) offer a strong technical solution knowledge to enable Partners building new skills, in supporting partners to accelerate their sales cycle and by helping partners to design, develop and deploy customer solutions based on Microsoft Cloud Platform.
• The Partner Technical Consultant role is primarily technical with a strong Cloud Solution based focus. Technical solution skills combined with an understanding of Microsoft methodologies and a good Partner Ecosystem understanding will establish a trusted relationship and provide a unique value to Microsoft Partners.
• Partner Technical Consultants(PTC) require the soft- and communication skills to quickly understand and verify the Partner request, discuss technical information and solutions, as well as to identify all required information of the Partner/Customer solution
• Compared to other field based Services roles, Partner Technical Consultants deliver partner services remotely or within the local Microsoft premises to Partners. Partner Service organization does not provide on-site support at this time.
We are looking for someone with expertise in the areas of Data Platform, BI, Analytics Services and Modern Cloud Applications; the role requires strong technical expertise and consulting skill within Cloud Application Platform, representing “Modern Cloud Applications” Solution Area and Workloads like Web Development, Highly Scalable Cloud Applications, Modern Applications Architecture and Database Architecture to represent GPS business needs and develop our technical capabilities across related workloads and technologies. Through delivery of effective guidance, PTCs share best practices empowering Partners to continually deliver high-quality engagements to customers.
• Provides Partners with Guidance and acts as Trusted Advisor
• Provides assistance to Partners during the presales to deployment lifecycle on a range of technical topics. Guides Partners’ thinking through active listening, questioning, and reflecting. Provides vital insight and seamless service to help define needs and then provide advice within area of expertise.
• Coaches Partners through courses of action by helping to find appropriate solutions to enable new customer sales or optimization of existing customer deployments
• Builds lasting relationships through effective technical engagement in Advisory Solutions, enhancing Partner Experience and helping build Partner competency and capacity.
• Cultivates Trusted Advisor Relationship to accelerate Partner adoption and productive use/development of Microsoft solutions.
Delivers 1:1 or 1:Many Advisory Services to aid with Technical Presales, Education or Advisory Services
• Performs scoping activities and reacts confidently on Partner requests.
• Takes on requests with medium to high level of complexity and resolves majority on first contact.
• Leads structured 1:Many events and takes an active role in presenting content.
• Delivers 1:1 & 1:Many services with good efficiency regarding minutes per incident (MPI) / preparation time.
• Contributes to technical triage and technical reviews in area of expertise.
Maintains Solution Area Readiness and Technical Expertise
• Maintains up-to-date technical/ industry knowledge and demonstrate “Experienced” or “Expert” technical expertise of Solution Area.
• Shares knowledge and resources globally.
• Develops best practices for Solution Areas and develop/ deliver internal tech-talks/ brown-bags at level to improve team readiness.
• Delivers internal Train the Trainer (TTT) as needed for Partner Technical Consultants (PSCs) to be ready for technical content.
Participates in Offering Development
• Identifies and develops content for compete and emerging technologies (White paper, KB Articles & blogging) on respective Solution Area.
• Customizes content for presentations, demos, labs & case studies on respective Solution Areas
• Contributes to content review of global Intellectual Property (IP)/Content from an “Experienced” technical level.
• Creates scope documents that clearly describe the vision for local projects.
• Understands the overall business vision and provides contribution and feedback to the IP project team.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Fluent in Spanish is obligatory.
• Exceptional oral, written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills in Spanish and English.
• 7+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications. (i.e. having an architectural sense for ensuring availability, reliability, etc.)
• 7+ years of success in consultative/complex software development projects
• 3+ years of experience with deep understanding in databases and analytics, including relational databases (e.g., SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle), data warehousing, big data (Hadoop, Spark), business intelligence (Reporting Services, Power BI), NoSQL, and analytics
• Deep technical experience in one or more of the following areas: Cloud Architecture, Cross Platform Application Architecture, Database and Big Data architecture
• Highly valued: Knowledge of real time/stream analytics
• Prior work experience in a Consulting/Software Development position within a software and/or services company such as Avanade, Accenture, SalesForce, Amazon, VMware, Google, IBM,
• A proven understanding of Microsoft Partner needs, business knowledge and demonstrated engagement experience
• Expertise in analytical thinking and problem solving skills, paired with passionate spirit for new technologies and quick learning skills.
• Ability of identifying gap, creating approach of addressing challenge and driving for results while maintaining the highest quality standards.
• Excellent/ Effective communication, stakeholder management, cross boundary collaboration and organizational skills
• A BA/BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline is preferred. MCSE/MCPD or equivalent professional certification is preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.