What you’ll be doing...
We are looking for a talented account management professional passionate about the business of location and geospatial services to manage partner management initiatives for the Business Operations team in the Location Services & Data Commercialization group within the Strategic Platforms organization of Verizon. This versatile role will be responsible for leading the account operations strategy for consumer product partnerships and internal and external strategic enterprise partnerships. The role will include, but will not be limited to, partner integration, performance management, ongoing analysis responsibility for new and existing strategic partners and business models associated with the MapQuest brand and other consumer and enterprise products operated within this team. This position requires an energetic candidate with exceptional team leadership skills, a self-starter with experience driving optimization and analysis initiatives and developing new partnership business models to ensure there is organizational support for key products under development. This role will look to find ways to integrate Verizon assets into existing partnerships and ways to leverage these assets with new partners as well.
- Lead Partner Operations team within Business Operations
- Assess partner platforms, products and strategic directions and weigh against VZ strategic objectives and business priorities to identify areas for collaboration
- Partner with internal product and sales teams on integration, launch, maintenance, and other related activities, which have direct impact on partner metrics
- Collaborate with business development, key products, services and platform teams to drive and manage key initiatives that require cross organizational implementation
- Engage with strategic partners in ongoing business development activities and partnership operations activities including preparing for quarterly reviews, conducting metrics tracking, identifying joint marketing efforts and organizing internal reviews
- Evaluate key segments for market size and revenue potential and identify key focus areas including risks for VZ partnership team
- When applicable, coordinate with business development to support negotiation and close commercial contracts
- Evaluate key focus areas from a competitive standpoint and identify areas of risk for VZ
- Support the analysis of key financial models for VZ to generate revenue in the key focus areas through research of in-market assumptions
- Prepare and present proposed directions to management for buy-in
- Cultivate strong relationships with equal level counterparts within strategic partners and manage and project/program manage day-to-day activities to drive key initiatives agreed by both parties as well as prepare for quarterly reviews, conduct metrics tracking, identify joint marketing efforts and organize internal reviews
- Act as subject matter expert for all consumer and enterprise products and value add as well as business models to drive new revenue around such new and potential areas
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have
- Master's degree.
- 10+ years of combined experience in partner management, account management and/or related roles. .
- Experience working with teams, both internal and external, that are outside of immediate area of responsibility.
- Demonstrated capabilities in extrapolating business strategies, market sizing and risk analysis with some guidance from management.
- Knowledge of location, data and geospatial platforms, technologies and innovations, marketing approaches, pricing strategies, business models.
- High level of verbal and communication skills with ability to articulate company vision to internal teams and at times to strategic partners.
- Ability to identify internal capabilities/assets and work with internal teams to create new business models addressing changing dynamics in the industry.
- Collaboration skills and the ability to work with team members, peers and leadership to a common action.
- High quality presentation and communication skills and the ability to communicate ideas effectively, at all levels of management, throughout the organization.
- Entrepreneurial orientation and abilities - Ability to function effectively and drive desired results in a fluid, fast-moving and competitive business environment characterized by rapid change.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.