What you will do
This position is responsible for the successful execution of parts contracts between YORK Navy Systems and various shipyards, the US Navy, customers and service offices.
Location: Grantley Plant, York, PA
Benefits: Eligible for benefits on first day of employment
Vacation: Eligible for 3 weeks of paid vacation per calendar year
How you will do it
1. Manages the workflow process from start to finish for CAV/repair contract. Maintains database system and conducts follow up activities as needed. Provides inventory reports to customer upon request.
2. Coordinates international shipments per ITAR and customs requirements.
3. Monitors parts back log and engineering change notices.
4. Reviews processes and resolves parts order issues.
5. Monitors the project expenditures against goals and initiates any actions necessary to maintain or improve profitability of each project. Provides project profitability analysis to management.
6. Monitors manufactured products and provides management reports on existing contracts.
7. Meets with customer and US Navy as required to assure customer satisfaction and continued involvement in the existing contract.
8. Obtains quotes for parts orders. Investigates alternate suppliers to reduce costs and increase profits. Establish manufacture's list prices.
9. Assures parts are inspected, packed and available for customer transportation pick-up.
10. Coordinates obsolete parts. Researches parts and their applications. Maintains spreadsheet of parts issues and their status. Directs obsolete parts meeting.
11. Provides technical guidance to the Parts Program Administrators.
12. Tracks GFM (Government Furnished Material) and provides necessary information for audits.
13. Adheres to the Company's Code of Conduct and Business Ethics standards.
What we look for
1. Bachelor's Degree and 4 years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Strong Personal Computer working capabilities in MS Office Suite, etc.
3. The ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance. (This involves a background/character, criminal history, employment, and credit check.)
1. Familiarity with York Navy System equipment and the JCI global service operations.
2. Previous experience with US government contracts.
3. Proficient in PM software.
4. Experience working with Deltek Costpoint software
5. Experience working in a production or manufacturing environment
Who we are
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com
Division: JCFS (Johnson Controls Federal Systems)
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.