Ethicon, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Machinist (1 opening available) and located in San Angelo, TX.
Ethicon, Inc. is a trusted, world-wide leader in surgical care. For over a century, Ethicon has continuously introduced innovations in wound closure, general surgery, wound management, women's health and urology and aesthetic medicine that fulfill the company's vision: Restoration of Body and of Life.
The Machinist will be responsible for:
• Reading, interpret and follow work instructions and training materials.
• Pass and maintain training and certification examinations as required.
• Read diagrams, sketches, blueprints, operation manuals and manufacturing specifications related to assigned equipment.
• Work within engineering safety guidelines, checking with engineering on material and operation acceptability of all parts used inside classified hazardous areas.
• Maintain general housekeeping within the department, keeping equipment and work area clean and orderly.
• Be capable of machining to tolerances of at least +/- 0.005”
• Work from simple sketches, verbal instructions, and can fabricate similar or modified parts utilizing existing sample parts for patterns.
• Understands blueprints for the purpose of fabrication of and/or repair of simple machine components.
• With direction, lays out work for machining and fitting.
• Possesses a good knowledge of shop math.
• Uses proper tools in the process of making finished parts.
• Knowledgeable of and can use the machinist handbook.
• Performs necessary bench work using proper tools and works to specified tolerances.
• Assists other machinist in performing jobs requiring assistance in lifting, handling, component disassembly, etc.
• Avoid waste of raw materials in doing work.
• Willing and able to obtain Yellow Belt training/certification.
• Attend and successfully completes required training as well as keeping abreast of changes in process control methods and practices especially as they may apply to ETHICON, Inc.
This position is under a Collective Bargaining Agreement in a union environment. The San Angelo Plant is a 24/7 operation; weekends and holidays are included in the work schedule.
Safety glasses, safety shoes/boots and a uniform allowance will be provided, including insurance benefits outlined by the company.Qualifications
• A minimum of a High school diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent required.
• The ability to read and understand blueprints is required.
• The ability to operate power tools and hand tools is required.
• Basic computer skills required.
• Minimum of two years of technical school, military training, or equivalent OJT (On the job training) in operating machinery to produce or repair parts, tools or equipment, along with a record of accomplishments in this field.
• Basic knowledge of design/drafting with ability to clearly and accurately annotate schematic diagrams.
• Successful completion of WORKKEYS with a scores of (5) FIVE or higher on all Ethicon required modules GOLD Level. Primary Location
United States-Texas-San AngeloOrganization
Ethicon Inc. (6045)Job Function
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.