Parts Person Helper
Location: New York, New York
Posted: December 07, 2017
Reference ID: 1700079H
The Parts Helper has safety, customer satisfaction, and business responsibilities within branch operations. The person in this role is responsible for receiving, checking-in and stocking incoming orders in a timely fashion
• Receive, check-in and stock incoming orders in a timely fashion
• Interact in a professional manner with customers, vendors and co-workers at all levels of business
• Ability to make decision in a professional business manner
• Pull parts for customer orders, stage in will-call or prepare for shipping
• Maintain paperwork in an orderly fashion
• Maintain cleanliness and organization of warehouse at all times
• Assist in cycle counting and maintaining accuracy of inventory
• Assist in core receipt and processing
• High School Diploma or GED is required.
• Previous experience working in a parts department preferred but not required
• Proficient computer and typing skills
• Ability to pull parts promptly and accurately
• Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Must be able to follow Company procedures and standard operating procedures.
• Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within deadlines.
Must be able to work well independently or with others in a team environment
This is a Union position. Must be able to join the union after 90 days of employment.
At Cummins, we are dedicated to diversity in the workplace and our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, age, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or other status protected by law.