Cummins Sales & Service has supplied service and support to the Pacific Northwest and Alaska for more than 70 years as the authorized distributor of Cummins products and services. A commitment to excellence is deeply rooted in our tradition of exceptional service. Our employees are dedicated to delivering the "Best Every Time, Every Day" with the goal of earning customers for life!
We take pride in providing an unmatched high caliber of service and support for Cummins engines, generators, filters, and related products that serve the varied needs of our territory. Crucial to accomplishing this is the energy and commitment of Cummins employees to the company, but also to the communities in which we work and live.
We have an exciting opportunity in Sumner, Washington for a parts professional counter associate. The parts professional creates customer value by delivering dependable solutions through Customer Support Excellence. Other duties include:
- Determine replacement parts required, according to inspection of old parts, customer request or customer's description of malfunctions.
- Perform the duties of a Parts Professional with minimal supervision
- Highly skilled in customer communications and sales techniques
- Successfully completed certification and qualifications required for all company products
- Possess a thorough understanding of parts warranty limits and claims procedures
- Ability to file vendor parts warranty claims
To succeed in this role, this associate will:
- Understand and model Cummins values.
- Ability to multitask and deliver on key performance indicators.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and ever changing environment.
- Knowledge of all products in the markets the branch supports, including competitor's products
- Demonstrated proficiency in researching of parts for customers using resources available.
- Demonstrated ability how to look up and sell Recon exchange engines and parts
- Demonstrated ability to communicate suggestive up-sell opportunities to aid customers in making repair decisions
- Demonstrated ability to receive, inspect and credit cores.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency and knowledge of Cummins systems.
- Demonstrated ability to positively react to change in environment, processes and people.
- Demonstrated ability to engage customers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to coach and mentor other parts professionals.
- Displays evidence of identifying and taking ownership of problems encountered and suggested solutions.
Education and Experience:
Compensation and benefits
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Prior customer service experience preferred.
Hourly wage commensurate with experience plus bonus. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to work with ground-breaking products and technology? Apply for this opportunity to start your career as an extraordinary Tech with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins .
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.