Cummins Northwest has supplied service and support to the Pacific Northwest and Alaska for more than 70 years as the authorized distributor of Cummins products and services. A commitment to excellence is deeply rooted in our tradition of exceptional service. Our employees are dedicated to delivering the "Best Every Time, Every Day" with the goal of earning customers for life!\
We take pride in providing an unmatched high caliber of service and support for Cummins engines, generators, filters, and related products that serve the varied needs of our territory. Crucial to accomplishing this is the energy and commitment of Cummins Northwest employees to the company.
We are looking for an extraordinary parts professional to work at the front counter of our Portland distribution center. As part of Cummins Northwest, we will add to your current skills by providing training, encouragement and growth within a teamwork environment. We invest in your professional growth by providing you with education and training opportunities to keep current on industry standards and products. You will gain valuable knowledge of the diesel engine industry and skills that will last a lifetime.
The benefits to joining Cummins are just beginning.
You will earn an hourly wage commensurate with experience plus variable compensation plan. Bonus is based on how well Cummins does against financial targets. Our benefits include h ealth plans that are some of the best within the industry. You choose a plan that best fits you and your family.
Upon hire, employees accrue paid time off - up to 128 hours annually. Employees also receive 9 paid holidays, including the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve. Employees also have access to:
- Dental plan
- Employee life and accidental death and dismemberment (AD & D)
- Dependent life insurance (optional)
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Flexible spending accounts
- Health saving account
- Pension plan.
- 401K, in addition to the pension plan. You can enroll in the 401K program at any time after your first week of employment.
- Employee stock purchase plan
What do you need to become a parts professional? This team member will be customer oriented, knowledgeable, energetic and have a passion for Cummins parts. After training, this person will work 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday-Friday.
Other duties include:
- You will be counted on to look up, sell and pull parts.
- Will be the go-to parts expert to determine replacement parts required, according to inspection of old parts, customer requests, or customer's descriptions of malfunctions.
- Ability to navigate parts catalogs and guides, price sheets, reference guides, and installation instructions
- Receive and fill telephone orders for parts.
- Fill customer orders and shop orders from stock with superb communication skills
- Take inventory of stock.
- Receive payment or obtain credit authorization.
- Mark and store parts in stockrooms according to prearranged system.
- Discuss use and features of various parts, can manage highly technical questions based on knowledge of Cummins engines.
To succeed in this role, the ideal candidate will:
- Have excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to develop positive relationships with external and internal customers.
- Be a self-motivated, team player with the desire to work and communicate well with customers and co-workers.
- Knowledge of inventory management systems is a plus!
- Demonstrate the ability to initiate, expedite and follow through to task completion.
- Have ability to positively react to change in environment, processes & people.
- Have experience handling customers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Be a fast learner, good with numbers, and motivated to learn.
- Be a high school graduate or equivalent.
- Have at least one year parts counter sales experience.
- Knowledge of Cummins parts system & forklift operations a real plus!
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Ready to join a great team? Apply for this opportunity and start your career with Cummins today.
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.