Cummins Sales & Service has supplied service and support to the Pacific Northwest and Alaska for more than 70 years as the authorized distributor of Cummins products and services. A commitment to excellence is deeply rooted in our tradition of exceptional service. Our employees are dedicated to delivering the "Best Every Time, Every Day" with the goal of earning customers for life!
We take pride in providing an unmatched high caliber of service and support for Cummins engines, generators, filters, and related products that serve the varied needs of our territory. Crucial to accomplishing this is the energy and commitment of Cummins employees to the company, but also to the communities in which we work and live.
We have an exciting opportunity in Olympia Washington for an enthusiastic Parts Professional to support the Olympia branch. The Parts Professional role is responsible for pulling, staging and delivering parts for internal and external stakeholders on a daily basis. This position is an ideal for an individual with knowledge in all markets the branch supports as well as an energetic persona who has a passion for Cummins parts, believes in the power of teamwork and values delivering superior customer service. Other duties include:
- Knowledge of all products in the markets the branch supports, including competitor's products.
- Determine replacement parts required, according to inspection of old parts, customer request or customer's description of malfunctions.
- Perform the duties with minimal supervision.
- Highly skilled in customer communications and sales techniques.
- Successfully completed certification and qualifications required for all company products.
- Possess a thorough understanding of parts warranty limits and claims procedures.
- Ability to file vendor parts warranty claims.
To succeed in this role, this associate will:
Education and Experience:
- Demonstrated proficiency in researching of parts for customers using resources available.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate suggestive up-sell opportunities to aid customers in making repair decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to receive, inspect and credit cores.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency of knowledge of Cummins systems.
- Highly skilled in the researching of parts for customers using computers (BMS, ASOMS, QSOL, etc.) as well as catalogs and manuals.
- Able to invoice customer accounts and communicate with the credit department regarding customer accounts.
- Able to enter orders (both from customers, electrically, and faxes) in the computer and enter credits.
- Willing and available to assume parts callout duties and work overtime or weekends as scheduled.
- Physically able to perform all of the work in a safe manner
- Able to effectively communicate with customers in a professional manner written and oral. Duties performed will require personal protection equipment to be worn.
- Understand and demonstrate Cummins Values.
- Ability to multitask and deliver on KPIs.
- Ability to work in fast-paced and ever changing environment.
Compensation and benefits
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Must have a current, valid driver's license.
- Have and maintain a good driving record.
- 2 years parts counter sales experience
- Fork lift certification preferred.
Hourly wage commensurate with experience plus bonus. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to work with ground-breaking products and technology? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins .
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.