Job Description: RESPONSIBILITY LEVEL:
Responsible for pricing out products and obtaining comparative pricing from vendors at the best possible terms for price, quality, and delivery. PRINCIPAL DUTIES:
- Researches the market for sources and methods to obtain pricing from vendors at the best possible terms for price, quality, and delivery.
- Negotiates the purchase of materials, taking into consideration the element of quality and delivery through long-term agreements.
- Insures on-time delivery of the products.
- Administers the necessary reports and documents required supporting purchasing activity.
- Provides liaison between suppliers and the company to provide the necessary interface with other departments to resolve all problems to mutual satisfaction.
- Organizes and carries out a value improvement and cost improvement program to achieve company improvement goals.
- Determines appropriate action to be taken when terms of the contract are in dispute.
- Conducts ongoing negotiations to ensure the best interests of the company are protected during the life of the contract.
- Sets up parts in the system for ordering by districts and CSR's.
- Performs other duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
Education and/or experience equivalent to Bachelor's degree from an accredited college preferably majoring in business administration. A minimum of two to four years of purchasing experience. Experienced with PC's and software products such as Windows, Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint. Familiarity and basic understanding of Internet.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.