No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community, and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right.
As part of Cummins, we will add to your current skills by providing training, encouragement and growth within a teamwork environment. We invest in your professional growth by providing you with education and training opportunities to keep current on industry standards and products. You will gain valuable knowledge of the diesel engine industry and skills that will last a lifetime.
A commitment to excellence is deeply rooted in Cummins tradition of exceptional service. Our employees are dedicated to delivering the "Best Every Time, Every Day" with the goal of earning customers for life!
We take pride in providing an unmatched high caliber of service and support for Cummins engines, generators, filters, and related products that serve the varied needs of our customers. Crucial to accomplishing this is the energy and commitment of Cummins employees to the company.
Our Parts Representatives are responsible for interacting directly with customers by performing a variety of duties in the branch parts department including retrieving part numbers, preparing purchase orders, and processing sales. Responsibilities:
Qualifications: Skills & Experience Required:
- Retrieve part numbers from books, electronic catalog and other computerized systems, as necessary
- Identify customer's parts requirements by part number and recommend additional products
- Prepare and process purchase orders
- P repare counter billings (invoices)
- Process cash, check, and credit card sales
- Perform various material handling duties in the facility using forklift
- Check packing list for accuracy, inspect goods, and place materials in totes to be shipped
- Follow all safety instructions as given by management
- Must possess detailed knowledge of retail and parts department operations
- Strong work ethic and high sense of motivation
- C ompetent knowledge of business software systems
- Must support and reflect our practice of being customer-led and customer-focused
- Excellent verbal communications skills and telephone etiquette
- Detail-oriented with great follow-through
- Ability to balance a heavy workload and work with limited supervision
- Performs other parts related duties as may be assigned
- Good verbal communication skills with external and internal customers
- Understands the service process, measures and the activity that affects the measures
- Integrity enabling trust between both external and internal customers.
- Analysis/problem solving with basic knowledge of diesel engine technology
- Computer skills for written communications
- Demonstrates team leadership and motivates others in a team environment
- Demonstrates commitment to and creative thinking for continuous improvement
- Participates in the process of continuous improvement for customers, employees and the Company
- Takes active role in NPS measures and improvement strategy
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a parts department environment
- Heavy duty truck knowledge is a necessity
Compensation and Benefits
Base hourly rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to work with ground-breaking products and technology? Apply for this opportunity to start your career as an extraordinary Tech with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.