Warehouse Parts Technician Description
If you want to develop your career with the industry leader who gives you the innovative technology you love to work with and empowers you to deliver a service you can be proud of - then this is where you need to be.
Extraordinary Technology Requires Extraordinary Technicians!
Our Sales and Service business delivers reliable, durable, high performing products for our global partners. You are key to our customers' success. Working with industry leading technology and diagnostic tools, you'll deliver solutions that build your knowledge base and fuel your career.
This is an exciting opportunity in Avondale, AZ for a Warehouse Parts Picker. Cummins North America is where you can work on industry leading engine technology in some of the most beautiful scenery in the world. As part of Cummins, we will add to your current skills by providing training, encouragement and growth within a teamwork environment. We invest in your professional growth by providing you with education and training opportunities to keep current on industry standards and products. You will gain valuable knowledge of the diesel engine industry and skills that will last a lifetime.
A commitment to excellence is deeply rooted in Cummins tradition of exceptional service. Our employees are dedicated to delivering the "Best Every Time, Every Day" with the goal of earning customers for life!
We take pride in providing an unmatched high caliber of service and support for Cummins engines, generators, filters, and related products that serve the varied needs of our customers. Crucial to accomplishing this is the energy and commitment of Cummins employees to the company.
This is what we call Working Right.
The Warehouse Parts Picker has safety, customer satisfaction and business responsibilities within branch operations. The person in this role is responsible for supporting service work order parts requests, inventory controls and Shipping/Receiving. Responsibilities:
Qualifications: Skills and Experience Required:
- Serve customers in the parts department by taking orders including: setting up orders, inputting orders into the system, picking/packing parts, shipping & receiving, follow-up as required.
- Receives incoming shipments, unpacks and checks materials received against packing slips.
- Unpacks, puts away and stores parts in locations.
- Packs parts orders and wrap or box for outgoing shipments or delivery.
- Assists advanced parts persons in completing their daily parts duties
- Loads and unloads trucks.
- Consolidates and maintains records of shipments, and incoming goods entering and leaving warehouse.
- Maintains work area for cleanliness and proper operation.
- Adheres to all relevant Health, Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and reports any issues / incidents to their supervisor.
- Knowledge of diesel industry and parts experience
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to communicate and work well with other employees and customers.
- Customer service focus.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and computers
Preferred Education, Licenses, Certifications
- 1 year of warehouse or parts experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
Compensation and Benefits
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds frequently; pushing and pulling a maximum force of 50 pounds.
- Must have physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Protective Glasses, Protective Gloves and Protective Footwear as required
Base salary commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify:
At Cummins, we are dedicated to diversity in the workplace and our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, age, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to work with ground-breaking products and technology? Apply for this opportunity to start your career as an extraordinary Tech with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.