Part-Time Teller- Northern NJ- Paramus
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation’s top 10 banks, is one of the largest, most analytically sophisticated Financial Services providers in the world. We offer a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company and a great place to work.
Are you passionate about providing excellent customer service? Does the idea of working in a fast paced, team oriented environment excite you? Are you looking for a career opportunity at one of the top 10 largest banks in the US? Then we want to talk to you! We are looking for energetic, enthusiastic people to be the face of Capital One to our retail branch customers.
As a Teller at Capital One, you will play a vital role in our customer’s banking experience. You will champion our Service Excellence culture, assisting customers with product, service education and identifying opportunities for referrals to our Relationship Bankers. You will perform a wide variety of transactions including check cashing, deposits, transfers and withdrawals while adhering to established operational policies and procedures. Equally important is the ability to resolve customer inquiries quickly and efficiently, delivering an extraordinary customer experience
- Live the company values of Excellence and Do the Right Thing
- Act as a Customer Advocate
- Take an active role in educating customers on other banking channel options as well as sales and service offerings
- Enable a customer’s needs and goals by identify and referring sales and service opportunities to Relationship Bankers
- Express a genuine greeting to every customer in the lobby, drive through and on the phone; demonstrate warmth, friendliness and give your undivided attention to the customer in every interaction
- Processes quick and flawless transactions within established policy and procedures to ensure operational excellence
- Create customer awareness of additional banking channels, products or programs
- Consistently display mastery of teller transaction and balancing duties
- Adhere to operational controls, including legal, corporate, and regulatory procedures to ensure the safety and security of customer and bank assets
- Consistently demonstrate Service Excellence behaviors in customer interactions and in customer survey feedback
- All other job duties as assigned
- High School Diploma, GED, equivalent certification, or military experience
- At least 6 months of Sales experience or at least 6 months of Customer Service experience
- 6 months experience in a customer facing role
- Able to travel between branches in assigned local area
- 1 year experience in a customer service role
- 1 year experience in a sales and service role in a banking environment or 1 year experience in a sales and service role in a retail environment
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.