DePuy Synthes is a Johnson & Johnson company that is one of the leaders in the medical device industry. Our implants and instruments are used by orthopaedic surgeons to treat patients with conditions resulting from traumatic injuries, degenerative diseases, deformities, and sports related injuries. Our environment is entrepreneurial, learning-driven, and is as challenging as it is rewarding.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
This position is responsible for performing the Heat Treat and or finishing operations of components and parts in support of the manufacturing schedules that meet customer expectations and specifications.
- Work may include Passivation/Final Clean line operations, blasting, deburring, ultrasonic welding, assembly and sterile packaging.
- Prioritize work orders with other cell members to ensure production schedules are maintained.
- Perform transactions in ERP.
- Maintain documentation (travelers/routers and blueprints) to ensure it is orderly and updated.
- Actively participates in team activities including process improvement recommendations and implementation. Lean experience preferred.
- Work at different work stations as production needs require.
- Conduct quality inspection of own or other's work in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
- Maintains clean and orderly workstation (6s).
- Complete basic production, health, safety, and environmental hazard training courses.
- Responsible for ensuring personal and company compliance with all Federal, States, local and company regulations, policies and procedures for Health, Safety and Environmental compliance.
- Ability to work varying shifts and overtime hours when required.
- Demonstrate consistently effective job performance encompassing good quality, quality of work and dependability
- A High School diploma, GED or equivalent is required
- 2 year of experience in Passivation and or finishing operations is required
- Passivation experience is required
- Deburring, cleaning/passivation is required.
- Experience working in a Medical Device manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience working in a Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) or other regulated environment preferred.
- Experience working in an environment that has gone through Lean process changes preferred.
- Work experience in shipping preferred.
- General inspection experience preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of and use of calipers, micrometers, pin gages, functional gages, and other inspection equipment is required
- Basic knowledge of math, blueprint reading and marking is required
- Ability to complete required documentation requirements is required
- Ability to read, write, and effectively communicates in English is required
- Participate in team-based activities with a strong commitment to teamwork is required
- This position requires the ability to lift up to 25 pounds and to stand and sit for extended periods of time.
- Also the ability to work in an open work area and in a manufacturing/machine shop environment on a daily basis.
This position in located in Raynham, MA and requires a daily commute for the 1st shift position and may require overtime including weekends depending on business needs. Primary Location
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.