Adecco is currently recruiting for Italian Cuisine Specialty Cooks to work with one of Silicon Valley's most influential Technology Companies.
Adecco is a leader in recruiting and workforce solutions with more than 900 offices in North America. We offer employment opportunities at any stage in your professional career. Adecco offers benefits including Holiday, 401(k), Insurance Benefit Plans. Adecco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Italian Cuisine Specialty Cook must be able to make pizza dough and pasta from scratch, prepare homemade sauces and toppings and be able to make a variety of pizzas and pastas. Applicants must possess the skills to hand stretch the pizza dough and cook the pizzas to order in a high temperature or wood-fired ovens. Knowledge of Italian cuisine is required including ingredients, cooking guidelines, and understanding of methods of Italian cooking. In addition, Italian Cuisine Specialty Cook is responsible for the preparation of daily entrees/items, featuring daily changing menus with knowledge of culinary ingredients. Prepare ingredients and cook according to established guidelines, understand methods of cooking and lead a station if needed. Experience as a cook in an upscale restaurant or corporate dining establishment preferred. Must possess knowledge of quantity food production, presentation, service and sanitation. Candidates must understand the use of various kitchen equipment including steamer, ovens, fryer, grill, steam kettle, meat slicer, blender, mixer, chopper, food processor, knives, convection oven, etc. Must be well organized and well groomed in appearance at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Maintains proper food temperatures of foods during preparation and service; pre-preps food according to the menu; notifies chef immediately when food and supplies are not available; maintains food production areas in a clean, neat and orderly manner; cleans assigned areas following established cleaning procedures and schedules; performs other duties as assigned; displays cooperation with co-workers.
Experience, Skills and Requirements:
- 2 years of cooking experience preferred in "from scratch" environments and/or culinary education
- Thorough experience in quantity food production, presentation, service and sanitation and skillful knowledge of healthful, nutritional-based cuisine
- Be able to write exciting, appealing menus that change daily and reflect seasonal offerings
- Display a passion for food and cooking and be self-motivated
- Computer literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Advanced understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills
- Be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to staff, peers, supervisors, guests and clients
- Be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process
- Prepares equipment and obtains supplies as needed
- Maintains the cleanliness and sanitation of the kitchen including all floors, equipment, workstations and walls
- Comply with standards for merchandising, stocking, and storing product
- Assists with cleaning, stocking and lifting items in other areas as requested
- Welcomes and connects with every customer
- Correctly follow all health, safety, and sanitation guidelines
- Maintain the highest standards of conduct and confidentiality
- Continually grows in knowledge
- Looks for new training opportunities and takes advantage of new training
- May perform additional responsibilities as requested by a Manager
- Must have approved Food Handler's Card, kitchen knives and non-slip shoes prior to first day of work
- We will run a 7 year criminal background check and e-verify social security verification
- This position will spend 100% of time standing
- Fast pace work environment
- Environmental exposure to cold, heat and water
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to understand sanitation directions
- Read and understand basic cooking directions
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.