Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Description: Aramark Sports and Entertainment:
The Sports and Entertainment division within Aramark Corporation serves more than 200 premier stadiums, arenas, convention centers and concert venues. Since 1975 we've created culinary memories throughout the United States. The secret to our success is that we start with great food and a well managed facility. We understand that ensuring a memorable experience for our customers goes far beyond the food we serve. We are currently seeking a Pastry Chef for the Aramark operation at Jackson and Company, Catering and Events Production. Key Responsibilities
- Develop innovative ideas for bakery shop products taking into account client requests, special diets, and student comments.
- Ensure all deadlines and deliveries are made on time and of the highest quality.
- Develop and be accountable for a safety culture that creates a work environment where no one gets hurt.
- Ensure quality, consistency, and adherence to standards based on ARAMARK Operation Excellence.
- Train and manage kitchen personnel and supervise/coordinate all related culinary activities.
- Estimate food consumption and requisition or purchase food, select and develop recipes, standardize production recipes to ensure consistent quality, establish presentation technique and quality standards, and plan and price menus.
- Ensure culinary equipment is properly operated and maintained.
- Supervises bake shop and commissary personnel with responsibility for hiring, discipline, performance reviews, and initiating pay increases.
- Responsible for component menu planning, costing, and brand management.
- Ensure component compliance with sanitation and safety requirements.
- Coordinate activities with other internal departments and participates in management team meetings. • Interface with vendors and key service users within client organization.
- Ensure standard of 90/10 rule is met in kitchen.
- Must have minimum two-year culinary certificate from accredited school or have related experience such as apprenticeship.
- Minimum 3-5 years kitchen experience. (Pastry experience)
- ServSafe Food Handlers or Food Managers Safety Certified.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.