Patent Analytics Counsel Job Description
The Patent Analytics Counsel will lead a worldwide effort to employ advanced patent analytics for strategic patent portfolio management.
This role will be responsible for the following
- Deploy analytics tools and/or external analytics teams and resources in collaboration with internal project teams to more effectively and efficiently address patent offense finding reads and patent defense finding prior art.
- Respond to business unit patent environment questions from executives and senior management in a consistent, disciplined manner and communicate effectively regarding the same.
- Provide actionable insights to better align Intel's patent program to the company's business objectives and provide custom-tailored intelligence to internal clients.
- Perform competitive reviews and benchmarking to assess Intel's position w.r.t. global patent portfolios.
- Develop systematic docketing, response and retention of such reports.
- Identify technologies that may be potentially relevant in the future including technologies for in-licensing, potential collaborators, new markets, acquisition targets or infringers.
- Increase effectiveness of technology focused mining by providing machine-assisted correlations between patents and product and/or standards information.
- Understand and communicate patent landscapes for established technologies and emerging technologies.
- Anticipate and understand the potential direction, rate and characteristics of technological change, through big data studies and through monitoring global technology developments.
- Assess risk from infringement, opposition and litigation, or the vulnerability of target technology identified for acquisition or licensing.
- Demonstrate, train and assist the use of analytics tools and external analytics teams and resources to the patent group on an ongoing basis.
- Improve group acumen and develop new and effective techniques and processes to be deployed group-wide.
- Improve portfolio management across the patent group by exposing and training on helpful analytics.
- Develop quality and efficiency metrics and associated processes.
- Drive data analysis to form actionable recommendations for annual or more frequent budget requests and budget allocation decisions.
- Develop business processes to automate key analytics extractions and enable business users to leverage the power of patent analytics.
The ideal candidate will : Be an active member of a Bar in good standing in the United States, have a law degree from an accredited institution and at least ten years of experience in patent law. Have a passion for patent analytics, the ability to dissect a portfolio into concepts and categories and deep expertise and experience in distilling complex patent data into digestible, reliable and actionable insights. Additional qualifications include: Outstanding judgment and analytical skills and proficiency in third-party analytical tools including but not limited to MS Excel. High acumen and interest in basic database tools, query languages, quantitative, statistical and analytical techniques. Relatively diverse technical expertise and deep expertise in both claim drafting, construction and patent analysis. Excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to work with a diverse population of inventors, attorneys and business professionals distributed globally. Demonstrated success in leading teams, managing stakeholders, and formulating successful strategies and delivering results, including influencing and working effectively at all levels of the company. Dynamic, disciplined, creative, self-motivated and highly innovative. Ability to function independently, and to also work well in an environment that requires collaborating with others to be successful. Skilled in formulating problem statements. Experience in project planning and oversight. Strong organizational skills and the ability to simultaneously engage on multiple projects, as well as balance planned project work with ad-hoc requests. Team player able to build partnerships with a diverse array of people - both from within and outside Intel's legal group - in order to achieve project and organizational objectives. Ability to travel within the United States and occasionally internationally.Inside this Business Group
Law and Policy Group offers unique opportunities to work in a variety of areas, including counsel to Intel businesses; technology and intellectual property licensing; patent prosecution; trademarks and brands; litigation, mergers, acquisitions and investing; legislative and regulatory lobbying; and corporate compliance. Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status. Position of Trust.
This role is a Position of Trust. Should you accept this position, you must consent to and pass an extended Background Investigation, which includes (subject to country law), extended education, SEC sanctions, and additional criminal and civil checks. For internals, this investigation may or may not be completed prior to starting the position. For additional questions, please contact your Talent Consultant.
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.