GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES - Responsible for providing feedback on daily registration processes and
staffing issues to the Patient Access Supervisor. Provide assistance to staff level employees as necessary to insure
compliance with department policies and procedures. Assist supervisor with staffing, report reconciliation, QA
process, and other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISOR - Patient Access Supervisor
SUPERVISES - N/A
Shift: SUN-WED,SUN-TUES 2P-11 30P, WED 2P-6 30P
**SUNDAY HOURS MANY NEED TO BE ADJUSTED BASED ON LUNCH
RELIEF AND VOLUME*
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Staff and order supplies according to budget guidelines and department needs
• Maintain QA statistics (including patient wait times, etc.) and report results to Supervisor.
• Oversee the daily activities of the registration area to insure department standards are met
• Assists Supervisor in educating registration staff of any changes pertinent to their roles
• When appropriate, relieve staff members during employee sick/vacation time
• Secure all signatures necessary for treatments, release of medical information, assignment of insurance
benefits and payment of services from legally responsible patients
• Work closely and professionally with nursing and ancillary departments in effort to maintain a teamwork
• Excel in all functions performed by patient representatives
• Collect/request deposits and copays
• Assume on-call responsibilities to insure adequate staffing and problem-solving
• Register all patient types
• Assists in resolving patient concerns
• Assist Supervisor to insure all personnel department policies and procedures are followed
• Act in capacity of supervisor in his/her absence, and inform Supervisor of all issues upon his/her return
• Maintains effectiveness of patient flow
• Attends in-service presentations, and completes mandatory education week, including but not limited to,
infection control, patient safety, quality improvements, MSDS and OSHA standards.
• Demonstrates knowledge of occurrence reporting system and utilizes system to report potential patient
• Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement"
• Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
• Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and
respect by constantly meeting and exceeding expectations
• Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
• PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in PC applications as required
• Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures
• Basic skills - able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate
properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately
• High school diploma or GED required.
• 3 years Patient Access experience preferred
CERTIFICATION/LICENSE - N/A
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS - Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and
stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier,
telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare
and communicate appropriate reports. Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 25 pounds occasionally. Work is
performed in an office environment. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve angry or upset people.
Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations.
Parallon is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, and competitive compensation.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom