Patient Care Coordinator (Contact Center Inbound/Outbound) WPSA (Job Number: 028314)
Specialty Pharmacy - Str15443 - 10530 JOHN W ELLIOTT DR
10530 JOHN W ELLIOTT DR STE 100
Provides new and existing patients with the best possible customer service in relation to their drug prescriptions, clinical services, billing inquiries, patients' suggestions and complaints. Job Responsibilities
- Records and processes orders and/or inquiries received by fax, mail, telephone, and/or through patient direct contact.
- Provides timely response to patients' inquiries by telephone and/or email in an in or outbound service center, consistent with service and quality standards.
- Provides pricing, availability, and schedules information within established guidelines.
- Receives inbound and outbound calls to patients or MD Offices regarding orders for medications, pharmacy services and all other inquiries.
- Coordinates patient care by scheduling orders, communicating information to the patient regarding shipments, assessing supply needs, verifying patient information, notifying the pharmacist of issues or changes in the patient's condition.
- Provides correct information or directs the call to the appropriate team member or department while maintaining a high level of professionalism.
- Ensures that good patients' relations are maintained and patients' claims and complaints are resolved fairly and effectively.
- Creates patient activities as a reminder for the following tasks including but not limited to follow-up calls for patients, to initiate discharge of service, to contact a patient's doctor's office, to mail a letter to a patient, and any other reminders necessary as it relates to a patient's care.
- Contacts the pharmacists to alert them of any changes in patient's condition, compliance issues due to patient not taking medication or side effects, or to transfer a patient directly to pharmacist for counseling.
- Complete all additional special handling duties as assigned including but not limited to drug shipment notifications and Adverse Drug Event Reports.
- Complete other stages of the order process as assigned including but not limited to scanning prescriptions, imagine indexing, preQA, load insurance information, run test claims, work issues and facilitate prior authorizations.
- Provides typed documentation of all communications received from calls and provides notification of any urgent orders, shipping related issues and any errors, complaints or compliments to the appropriate party or system.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.Qualifications
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Willing to work mandatory extra hours, this may include evenings, weekends and/or hours outside of normal business hours.
- Experience entering data into databases (ex: Excel).
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: opening a workbook, inserting a row, selecting font style and size, formatting cells as currency, using copy, paste and save functions, aligning text, selecting cells, renaming a worksheet, inserting a column, selecting a chart style, inserting a worksheet, setting margins, selecting page orientation, using spell check and/or printing worksheets).
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: opening a document, cutting, pasting and aligning text, selecting font type and size, changing margins and column width, sorting, inserting bullets, pictures and dates, using find and replace, undo, spell check, track changes, review pane and/or print functions).
- Basic keyboarding skills (for example: operate by touch the letter, number and symbol keys with minimal errors).
- Basic Internet Explorer skills experience to include opening a browser, typing in URLs in the correct location, using a search engine, bookmarking a site, navigating using back/forward/stop buttons, and filling out forms online.
- Basic level PC skills experience (for example: start up and shut down computer, use mouse to point and click, start and close programs, switch between programs, save files, print documents, access information on-line, etc.).
- Pharmacy Technician License or Certification preferred unless required by state as granted by the state Board of Pharmacy or nationally recognized certification agency.
- At least 1 year of call center experience.
- Basic skill level in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: inserting, rearranging, hiding and deleting slides, navigating between slides, increasing list level, adding, centering and editing text, changing views, inserting a table or a note, moving objects, printing outline view and/or running a slide show).
- Experience in a healthcare or pharmacy setting.
- Experience in calculating benefit usage balances, co-pays, days of supply, and other health insurance mathematical calculations.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.